Parking and Transportation Services welcomes applications for a Fleet Manager. This role provides a wide variety of fleet management services to the Boulder, Denver, and Anschutz campuses, including oversight of vehicle maintenance and repair, bus services, auto premium allocation, lease fleet management, vehicle accident claim processing, procurement and disposal of all university vehicles, fuel management, and registration and emissions testing.
Who we are:
As part of the Parking and Transportation Services (PTS) organization, Transportation Services provides comprehensive transit, fleet management, maintenance, and vehicle lease operations to serve the faculty, staff, students and visitors at the University of Colorado Boulder. The University of Colorado vehicle fleet numbers over 600; a robust transit system moving 1.4 million riders per year at the University of Colorado-Boulder campus; and guidance for driver operations for campuses located in Aurora, Boulder, and Denver. Transportation Services is an auxiliary funded operation with an operating budget of $3 million annually and provides cost effective options to departments at each of the three campuses. The Parking and Transportation Services organization is committed to continuous improvement efforts and rising to the challenges of a diverse and dynamic campus that is in the midst of change and innovation.
As such, we have the unique opportunity to influence the impressions every member of our university community and our visitors. We are team-oriented professionals, dedicated to meeting the needs of our community and providing the highest possible customer service. Experience dynamic growth, self-directed efforts and a challenging but rewarding industry. If you are a strong leader with deep knowledge, skills, and experience, and you have a great positive attitude; please consider joining our team!
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Manage the daily functions of fleet operations and drive sustainability and growth using key performance indicators (e.g. cost per mile, frequency of unscheduled maintenance, and accidents).
- Collaborate with the TDM manager and other external partners to advise, pursue, and manage Department of Energy grants and other progressive initiatives geared toward environmental stewardship.
- Report on fleet productivity, cost management of maintenance, and recommendations for efficiency.
- Determine contractual terms for outside vendors and ensure the fulfillment of negotiated contracts with the main objective of meeting all DOT and ADA federal regulations.
- Act as the primary point of contact regarding vehicle replacement for the Boulder, Denver and Anschutz campuses, including providing vehicle and equipment replacement planning and analysis assistance, and developing fuel and fleet maintenance budgets. Manages the purchasing and inventorying of gasoline and diesel fuel supply.
- Create and supervise preventive maintenance programs and manuals, including liaising with manufacturers. Oversee records maintenance related to fleet maintenance repair, acquisition, and disposal as required by Federal and State agencies.
- Oversees Fleet Maintenance operations and repair shop, including work order planning and scheduling, fabricating/welding, parts room, fuel Island, and wash bay ensuring safety compliance and proper work standards.
- Hire, train, supervise and evaluate all work unit staff, as well as plan and assign their daily work assignments.
What we can offer:
Salary is competitive, and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be impactful. Be supportive. Be collaborative. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Five years of supervisory experience in fleet repair and maintenance operations, vehicle procurement and replacement programs, and computerized fleet information and reporting systems.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to obtain a CDL within three months of hire.
What you will need:
- Ability to prepare and understand equipment specifications and evaluate substitute products.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and standard safety practices inherent in transportation industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with staff, other departments, boards, committees, and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority tasks and produce a high volume of work.
- Committed to exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality in relation to all personnel and organizational matters.
- Ability to maintain a budget, provide and analyze reports and proposals useful for management decision-making.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong relationships, and a demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Knowledge of MS Office, relational databases, and spreadsheet software.
What we'd like you to have:
- Valid CDL.
- Seven years of progressive responsibility for managing programs based on DOT and DOE regulations in a fleet environment.
- Experience in property and passenger carrying vehicles of varying sizes and utility.
- Demonstrated understanding of capital asset management planning, including ROI analysis, utilization and maintenance costs, depreciation, and replacement.
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to sustainable transportation and logistics planning, design and operations.
- Management-level experience in an organization using the Asset Works data information system and/or familiarity with Crystal reporting.
- Accreditation as a Certified Automotive Fleet Manager (CAFM), Certification in Transportation and Logistics (CTL), or equivalent relevant certification.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by May September 5, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10628.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10533 - Parking & Transportation Servi
Posting Date: Aug 9, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 5, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00002877