Student Services Specialist I
Financial Aid - 164860
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm; Overtime as needed
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial guidance and assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements. Through educational endeavors and student outreach, SFAS remains a vital contributor to UNT's enrollment success.
Student Services Specialist I - Counselor position is a professional position that will process financial aid and assist in providing comprehensive service to customers relative to federal, state, and institutional regulatory requirements, awarding financial aid, calculating federal need analysis eligibility, performing detailed technical duties, conducting financial presentations, and maintaining professional knowledge.
Additional job duties include, but are not limited to:
* Assess and adjust cost of attendance budgets and financial need calculations
* Review and provide detailed explanation if necessary regarding the federal definition for student dependency evaluations
* Counsel and/or route incoming inquiries regarding financial aid application process, available programs, need analyses, verification requirements, satisfactory progress, aid awarded, and ineligibility for aid
* Assume accountability for and maintain knowledge for federal, state, and institutional guidelines and regulations
* Determine and explain the Expected Family Contribution formulas and calculations
* Review Satisfactory Academic Progress and assist in processing appeals
* Engage in scheduled presentations throughout campus and community events
* Assist and participate in annual Financial Aid Help Sessions.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree and one year of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Proficiency in MS Office.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* A Bachelor's degree
* Financial aid experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting