UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO DENVER
The Department of Ophthalmology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking applicants for a full time (1.0 FTE) Instructor to work as a pediatric optometrist in our growing academic ophthalmology practice at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHC). The position will provide outpatient medical and perioperative management of pediatric ophthalmic disorders, routine eye screening, visual acuity testing, and refraction at CHC and affiliate sites of practice within the Denver metropolitan area.
This position will be responsible for direct outpatient care at CHC and University of Colorado affiliates in the medical and perioperative management of pediatric ophthalmic disorders, routine eye screening, visual acuity testing, refraction, and contact lens fitting.
OD with approved residency training in optometry along with specialty training and/or experience in pediatric optometry.
The position will report directly to Robert Enzenauer, MD, Professor and Chair of Pediatric Ophthalmology.
Examples of Work Performed
- Provides direct patient care at CHC and UCD affiliates in the medical and perioperative management of pediatric ophthalmic disorders, routine eye screening, visual acuity testing, and refraction.
- May prescribe and fit contact lenses and eyeglasses.
- Qualified candidates will have completed an approved residency program in pediatric optometry or comparable experience in a pediatric eye office
- Must have a Colorado medical license or be eligible.
- Experience with routine eye screening and medical and perioperative management of common ophthalmic disorders, along with ocular conditions unique to children is required
- Must be capable of providing pre-operative evaluation of pediatric cataract and other pediatric eye surgery patients as required.
- Must be proficient in routine contact lens fitting.
- Competency in aphakic contact lens fitting is required.
Required Competencies/Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and proficiency in medical and perioperative management of ophthalmic disease, along with ocular conditions unique to children.
- Competency in routine and aphakic contact lens fitting.
- Experience in an academic or pediatric hospital based clinic environment is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10585
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20254 - SOM-Ophthalmology
Posting Date: Aug 9, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Daniel Smith
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00706267