Financial Aid Administrator
Posting Number NC836P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/22008
Working Title Financial Aid Administrator
Position Number 15615
Department Vice President - Finance and Admin
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries. As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
The University of Arkansas System eVersity is the newest institution in the UA System. Established in 2014, the University of Arkansas System eVersity is a 100% online university.
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Financial Aid Administrator is responsible for directing all student financial aid advising, managing institutional documentation and coordinating the administration of all student financial aid awards by creating, organizing and managing business policies and procedures. Job duties and responsibilities include planning, processing, awarding, and managing a strategic financial aid program with an attention to detail that includes complete and accurate record review, processing and retention, demonstrated ability to adapt in changing environment, and strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as an ability to prioritize a complex workload with a focus on supporting student degree attainment. The Financial Aid Administrator must remain informed and aware of changes in policy, regulations and statute and be able to effectively apply that knowledge and awareness as required to keep institutional key stakeholders informed and in compliance yet also use professional judgment when necessary. Other duties may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- Financial aid experience in higher education
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- At least three years of progressively responsible experience in administering student financial aid
- Familiarity with nonstandard term aid processing
- Administration of third party payments
- Banner SIS higher education experience with the student, financial aid, and student accounts receivable modules
- Experience with development and implementation of a financial literacy and default prevention plan
- Supervisory experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals to accurately explain student aid programs and explore innovative opportunities to support student success and achievement
- Ability to understand and interpret policy and procedure to accurately apply the understanding in daily contact with students and colleagues while remaining focused on student success and achievement.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports and statistical data in a timely manner and communicate outcomes
- Innovative ability to use resources to support compliance and student success
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Little Rock, AR UA System Office
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex offender registry check
- Financial history background check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal background check, a sex offender registry check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 08/23/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
Tammy Harrison, 501.682.2961
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Please note that this position is in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas System is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The University System welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Little Rock, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please list your highest degree level and in what area.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your years of experience in student financial aid or a related area.
- No experience
- Less than one year
- At least one year, but less than two
- At least two years, but less than three
- At least three years, but less than four
- At least four years, but less than five
- Five years or more
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Proof of Veterans Status