Posting Number C897P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21928
Working Title Administrative Assistant
Position Number 12892
Department Business Services
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Business Services is dedicated to providing the campus community, the State of Arkansas, and our vendor partners with the highest level of service.
Our staff supports the full supply chain life cycle of goods and services on our campus. This includes procurement, accounts payable, vendor maintenance, RazorBuy, eBusiness and asset surplus procedures. We also support the business travel of our campus with a staff dedicated to processing travel claims as efficiently as possible, and providing tools to make the travel process more productive.
Department Home Page http://businessservices.uark.edu/index.php
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for all front desk receptionist duties for Business Services. This position will provide assistance and customer service for the department. This position is responsible for greeting visitors at the reception area of the department and providing assistance, guidance, and directing incoming calls. Other duties include:
• Reviewing and analyzing transactions as needed
• Reviewing, documenting, and deposits of funds as received
• Receiving and logging Bid Packets as received
• Hold for pick-up check disbursement
• Handling vending refunds and reporting information to departmental representative
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma
- At least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field
- At least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Experience using the University of Arkansas BASIS/RazorBuy systems
- Experience using multi-line phone system
- Experience providing administrative support services
- Higher education work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving and innovative thinking skills
- Ability to function effectively as a team member
- Ability to provide high level customer service
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes. The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, etc).
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible Yes
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Administration Building
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Pay Grade Level C112
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? No
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date 08/10/2017
Close Date 08/24/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have the formal education of a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have at least one year of specialized training in business management, business education, or a related field?
- * Do you have at least three years of experience in specialized or a related field applicable to work performed?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (1)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (2)
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (3)
- Proof of Veterans Status