Educational Talent Search High School Advisor
Salary: $33,200 - $41,300
Title: Educational Talent Search High School Advisor
Category: Management and Professional
Department: Office of TRIO Programs
Date Posted: 08/09/2017
Position Information: ETS High School Advisor-Come join a dynamic team of Academic Preparation professionals dedicated to creating the best possible experience for our student population! The Educational Talent Search (ETS) Program is part of Office of TRIO programs and is committed to providing an inclusive environment that attracts a workforce which mirrors the diversity of the campus, which is ranked 4th in the nation as most diverse, and surrounding community. Within this exciting environment, rich with growth opportunities, you will be responsible for contributing to the overall project management of ETS. We are looking for an individual with some experience advising high school students. Knowledge of higher education institutions and admission requirements is highly desirable. This is a career grant-funded position contingent upon funding and the budget. This grant is currently in year 1 of 5 and this position is subject to extension based on the availability of continued grant funding.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with school district administrators, school counselors, principals, teachers, and community contacts.
Basic knowledge working with a diverse student population, and sensitivity to culture, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation and socio-economic status.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Basic knowledge of higher education institutions (UC, CSU, CC, etc.), and the ability to explain procedures to youth, parents, and school representatives.
Basic knowledge of high school graduation and college entrance requirements.
Basic knowledge of academic programs, including curricula and admissions requirements at higher education institutions.
Basic knowledge and understanding of K-14 education.
Preferred Qualifications: Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with diplomacy and tact.
Demonstrate ability to conceptualize, plan, and help coordinate comprehensive educational programs that meet specific needs for program participants, per federal grant objectives.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview