Senior Director of Development, Gift Planning
8AM - 5PM
$94,600 - $163,500
Under general direction of the Executive Director, Individual Giving, the Sr. Director of Gift Planning will take the leadership role in enhancing UC Riverside's Gift Planning program. They will play a key role in enhancing gift planning techniques as a function of the University's overall fundraising plan, while managing a finite but top tier portfolio of prospects. The incumbent is responsible for building a pipeline of gift planning prospects nation-wide, connecting alumni, donors, friends, volunteers, and other constituents to the campus and to ultimately increase individual gifts to campus-wide colleges, units, and programs. The Sr. Director is responsible for qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major gift donors and prospects. This is a two-year renewable contract position, which includes the same employee benefits afforded career employees. Cover Letter required.
Working knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, et cetera.
Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
Good written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the campus and/or medical center and with external constituencies.
Good organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
Strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation with the proven ability to persuade colleagues and donor prospects, while maintaining confidentiality in all matters as they relate to sensitive donor relations issues. Highly ethical donor-centered outlook on gift planning, balancing the University's best interest.
Ability to travel outside of business hours.
Proven experience in the full spectrum of development including cultivation, stewardship and donor recognition.
Experience to direct the design of strategies for cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors.
Knowledgeable about Federal and state legislation concerning gift planning and ability to maintain familiarity with applicable legislation and financial planning concepts.
Ability to conceptualize, design and implement a development program.
Proven ability to work effectively with deans and directors, academic and University leaders and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals. Ability to work effectively with other advancement staff in devising, analyzing, modifying, implementing, and evaluating development programs.
Exceptional organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Exceptional skill in communicating persuasively, both orally and in writing, about private gift fundraising in general and in particular as it applies to UC Riverside.
Knowledge of a broad range of academic and institutional issues related to a major research university environment.
Ability to use a dedicated relational donor database system.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview