Web Content Specialist
In support of MSU Denver’s brand marketing goals, the Web Content Specialist plans, creates, publishes and manages website and digital media content to advance enrollment, fundraising, constituent engagement and brand awareness goals. The specialist will be the primary point of contact for all university web authors to provide consistent messaging and support to all stakeholder. The web content specialist acts as the institution’s bridge and brand ambassador between non-technical web authors and the office of Marketing of Communications. The Web Content specialist plans, writes, edits and publishes engaging, relevant online content to achieve marketing goals and communicate the brand to diverse audiences across a variety of projects and mediums. This position assist on providing weekly reports on efficacy and impact of web initiatives, SEI and content performance utilizing various analytics tools. Proactively and consistently perform quality control on all elements, sites and pages of the university website. Manage the Marketing and communications sites to enforce the use of appropriate University branding and messaging across the university site. The position works with the communications team to coordinate brand journalism stories to engage constituents and enhances the University’s reputation while also supporting engagement goals for Enrollment, Athletics, Alumni Relations, Advancement and Student Activities. The position also coordinates utilization of content from YouTube, Flickr and other secondary social channels. He/she could supervise student media coordinator(s) who may produce and post web content. The position may require work outside of standard business hours.
Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer.
Web Content Specialist
Salary for Announcement
The beginning of the salary range is $47,428. The final salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Full Time Administrators
• 50% Research, write, edit, place related photos and videos, publish and manage msudenver.edu core content to communicate the MSU Denver brand and meet communications and marketing goals,. This will include
• 20% Serve as the point of contact and lead on assigned client projects, managing the content-creation process, content edits and rewrites, and quality assurance
• 20% Serve as a consulting editor to campus website managers, providing Web content training, editing and advice.
• 10% Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in a communications-related field.
• Three years of professional experience in journalism, public relations, marketing or a related field.
• Five years of Web writing and publishing experience.
• Error free writing and editing skills, including proofreading and demonstrated understanding of AP Style (samples required).
• Experience of Search Engine Optimization best practice.
• Experience with HTML and CSS Languages
• Two years of experience writing of web-specific techniques.
• Experience in providing customer service.
• Experience using photo editing tools (IE: Photoshop, Pixelmator) to crop, place, and edit images for web consumption.
• Experience with paid search/Search Engine Marketing(SEM).
• Experience with Social media marketing, placement and distribution of stories and web content.
• Photography and videography web article placement experience.
• Knowledge of time management and task management skills.
• Experience working with a ticketing system: ZenDesk, Asana, Trello, Footprints, Freshdesk, Jira, etc.
• Experience teaching/training web authors/creators on how to use website content management tools.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to build and maintain strong client relationships.
• Ability to write and speak clearly to a non-technical audience.
Close on Closing Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
References refers to a list of three professional references and their contact information.
In order for your file to be considered complete you must submit three writing samples:
One redline edit writing sample and one writing sample that shows a clear understanding of AP style, combined and submitted in the “writing sample” slot ; and
A sample of an engaging story or copy written by you and submitted in the “other document” slot.
Official transcripts will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
This posting will close at midnight MST on the closing date.