Assistant Professor of Cardiovascular Research
The Assistant Professor in Cardiovascular Research will develop an independent scholarly program in research and other creative activities, demonstrated by publications, research, teaching and other creative activities, or other venues in the professional discipline. This position will be working closely with scientific relationship researchers associated with NIH funded programs in obesity and cardiovascular disease, nutrition and environmental toxicology and translational and population based studies of environmental disease.
The scholarly activity will involve independent research conducted in the broader context of programmatic and team based science, specifically in the broad area of expertise in analytical chemistry and mass spectrometry. This position will be expected to interact with staff and trainees at all stages of the process (students, fellows and early career independent investigators) and other colleagues within and beyond the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine in scholarly efforts and expected to form a mentoring committee. The mentoring committee will provide guidance and feedback in the development and progress of the scholarly activity with the expectations of contributions to peer reviewed publications and participation in the submission of NIH or equivalent grants within two years.
Please include a CV along with application.
Assistant Professor of Cardiovascular Research
7H354:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - CARDIOLO
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Ph.D. and/or M.D. or equivalent degree
Required Related Experience
Minimum of 4 years experience in cardiovascular research, with evidence of knowledge and experience with methodological techniques to collect, analyze and interpret scientific data as part of research studies.
In addition, this position requires evidence of knowledge and experience with writing research articles and extramural grants.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter