Administrative Support Associate - Advanced
Position Number 2598
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Administrative Support Associate - Advanced
Position Type Staff
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the lead Administrative Support Associate for the Department of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management in the Bryan School of Business and Economics.
This position will:
- Provide support to the Department Head and Faculty by coordinating workflow throughout the department
- Train and supervise student workers
- Maintain and reconcile the departmental budget and personnel files and provide other support duties as needed.
- Financial Activities: preparing monthly financial statements using Banner Finance on department account balances; processing of deposits, refunds; reconciling Pcard
- Faculty Development Activities: completing travel authorizations/reimbursement forms, personnel action forms and exception pay action forms, EPAFS and PD7s
- Faculty Searches: assisting in the recruitment process for hiring faculty, including placing ads, human resources/payroll paperwork, preparing verification documents from each applicant, composing and mailing letters for each applicant, assisting in arrangement of hotel and preparing interview itinerary/schedule
- Purchasing supplies; maintaining inventory record
- Maintaining and filing reports and forms; retrieving filed documents on request; matching forms to electronic data or internal spreadsheet; faxing, mailing or electronically submitting routine reports; submitting forms to other units to initiate an action; drafting or editing sections of an annual report
- Maintaining employment records for faculty, staff and students; filing personnel documentation
- Training and scheduling of student workers; checking time sheets for accuracy; entering time sheets into Banner HR
- Paperwork: copying and collating documents; editing documents prior to final signature; coordinating routine return responses to requests for information; composing and disseminating email correspondence for a variety of purposes without review
- Event management: securing meeting room; communicating agenda and supporting documentation with participants; coordinating catering arrangements; recording and distributing minutes; scanning documents
- Reception: welcoming visitors, students, parents, other administrators and faculty to the department office and addressing their inquiries
- Course and classroom scheduling using University scheduling software program
- Using Webfocus to generate reports and communicate with students in department programs
- Using Wordpress to maintain department website
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree
- Two (2) to three (3) years in an academic setting with knowledge of Banner
- Team player with strong communication, organization, planning and computer (word processing, spreadsheets, and data management) skills
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application. The application must be completed in full detail for your qualifications to be considered.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of least three (3) professional references that includes:
Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.
Recruitment Range $31,703 - $34,780
Org #-Department Info Systems and Supply Chain Mgmt - 11806
Work Hours of Position 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M., Monday-Friday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Advanced
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Work Coordination (Advanced)
Facilitates flow of work throughout a dynamic work unit. Coordinates and directs the office support activities and manages a wide variety of records, reports and files. May develop new processes or procedures relevant to the support needs of the office.
Problem Solving (Advanced)
Independently resolves and/or develops recommendations for unprecedented issues and problems. Problem resolution requires some interpretation of policy and procedures. Serves as a resource for others in resolving unprecedented, non-standard issues and problems.
Information/Records Administration (Advanced)
Utilizes reconciles and manipulates data for management reports from different internal and external sources. Applies an understanding of the information in order to extrapolate key data elements. May serve as a lead worker.
Communication Verbal (Advanced)
Applies knowledge of programs, policies and procedures to interpret and communicate information to meet specific needs of staff and clients. Demonstrates the ability to work with confidential and sensitive information.
Open Date 08/09/2017
Close Date 08/18/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Salary Grade Equivalency 61
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu