As team members of Custodial Services, Floor Care Technicians are generally responsible for the overall floor maintenance of hard surface and carpet (stripping, waxing, buffing, extraction, and bonneting) of areas that include offices, classrooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, and other public areas.
3CM00:Medical Center Physical Plant
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects up to 50lbs; Evening or night shift work schedule.
Days [3:00am - 11:30am]. Hours of work may vary dependent upon situational
factors and may include some nights(s), weekend(s), and holiday(s) response
MS Windows / Outlook; and KRONOS.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Driver's License and the ability to drive are preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe your experience as it relates to this job posting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe what "teamwork" means to you.
(Open Ended Question)
- * This position requires laborious and/or physically taxing work and the ability to efficiently perform any and all cumbersome duties and job tasks. Are you able to meet these requirements with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter