The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates project activities, acting as primary customer contact and ensuring project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
• Ensure project goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget.
• Project reporting for assigned projects.
• Participate in the Continuous Improvement process.
• Understand and ensure compliance to customer's specification.
• Create the project Scope Statement.
• Develop a detailed work breakdown structure (WBS), based on what was sold, for the purpose of monitoring and controlling scope and estimating.
• Ensure compliance with all required government codes, e.g., OSHA, CE, UL, NFPA, EPA, etc.
• Escalate identified budget or schedule issues that cannot be resolved by the Core project team, to management.
• Estimate labor hours and materials to complete the project on a weekly basis (ETC).
• Create a detailed budget plan and cash flow, based on the project WBS, for the entire life cycle of the project.
• Identify potential budget issues/risks: make a plan to avoid or mitigate; implement the plan successfully.
• Identify potential budget opportunities: make a plan to reduce cost based on the opportunity, implement the plan for cost reduction.
• Develop a detailed project schedule based on the WBS.
• Identify labor resource issues and avoid or mitigate to stay on schedule.
• Identify material delivery issues and expedite through procurement and/or engineering to stay on schedule.
• Negotiate with department coordinators for staff assignments to the project team.
• Plan, direct, and coordinate project activities.
• Establish and maintain timely written communications with all team members.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to department coordinators and management.
• Facilitate team and customer meetings effectively.
• Act as primary customer contact.
• Provide strong leadership to team; mediate and resolve team conflicts.
• Participates in design reviews.
• Conduct team meeting on a weekly basis to review project status and provide information and guidance to team members.
• Monitor / coordinate milestone approvals and payments with customer and staff.
- Coordinate with QA all machine acceptance run-off activities (develop matrix, conduct internal and customer runs, document results).
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Adhere to and promote company ethical practices and rules.
- Maintain an awareness of Good Practices for project management and implement what is appropriate for AGR.
- Demonstrated consistent successful performance on large size projects OR multiple medium size projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to assist PM Department Manager to manage, guide and provide necessary assistance to peers and entire department during his/her absence.
- Significant experience managing a cross functional project team.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong computer skills - word processing, spreadsheet.
- Highly proficient with MS Project
This position has no supervisory responsibility
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- Able to lift 5 - 10 lbs. routinely (binders, office items, small boxes), occasionally lift up to 50 lbs (project supplies, heavier boxes, etc.)
- Able to sit for extended periods
- Hand and finger dexterity to operate a keyboard, mouse, and write
- Able to physically participate in training sessions, meetings, and presentations
- Able to regularly stand and walk
- Able to commute and travel locally, nationally and internationally
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Travel, with reasonable notice, is expected for this position.
Preferred Education and Experience
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Project Management, Engineering Technology, or equivalent.
- PMP certification or equivalent training.
- More than 10 years managing a wide variety of custom automation projects, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
An Automation Innovator Since 1945
The Arthur G. Russell Company has been an innovator in the field of automatic assembly equipment since 1945. At that time, the lack of adequate parts feeders and reliable automation components limited assembly speeds and equipment reliability. In response, AGR developed a line of vibratory feeders based on the modular Vibroblock® that was state-of-the-art both electrically and mechanically. These engineered feeders could deliver parts at much higher rates, which raised the bar for automatic assembly systems. Feeder performance was further enhanced with AGR's introduction of closed loop vibratory control and variable frequency operation. Other AGR innovations included modular mechanical devices such as cam driven pick and place units, grippers, part escapements, and rotary and linear actuators.
Our ability to feed and handle parts at high speeds led to specialization in the ultra high-volume medical device and consumer products industries, where we have been designing, building, installing, and supporting world class assembly, test, inspection, and packaging systems for over 70 years.
Continued application of more sophisticated controls, servo systems, sensors, and inspection equipment have allowed our systems to keep up with increasing customer demands for higher speeds and unprecedented reliability.
Today, AGR remains committed to constantly being aware of the latest technologies, knowledgeable in their proper use, and creative in ways to apply them.
Tue, 8 Aug 2017 13:13:04 PDT