Human Resource Assistant
Human Resource Assistant
College of the Sequoias
Description of Position
Under the direction of the Dean, Human Resource Services/Legal Affairs, the Human Resource Assistant performs a variety of technical and confidential duties related to the day-to-day functioning of the department. Duties may include: utilizing District software programs (especially Banner); maintaining HR webpage; recruitment; benefits and salary; preparing and maintaining employee bargaining unit contracts, grievances, records and reports for management, academic and classified employees; maintaining records and files related to the HR office; and assisting with the compliance of District, County, State and Federal regulations and guidelines concerning human resources administration.
Associate Degree in related field and five years of highly responsible office experience.
Significant experience in webpage design and Banner preferred.
• Perform a variety of technical and confidential duties related to the administration and processing of District employees.
• Utilize the District's integrated software (i.e. Banner) in performing the required duties of the position.
• Maintain webpage for the Human Resource Services Department.
• Maintain District personnel files for academic, classified and part-time employees; post and maintain health and benefits records such as immunizations, vacation, sick leave, payroll, personal necessity and comp time.
• Coordinate job recruitments (i.e. draft job flyers; facilitate advertising; receive and process job applications; schedule and monitor interviews; notify candidates of interview schedules; notify candidates of selection/non-selection decision).
• Assure applicants and employees complete required documentation for consideration for employment and for current and continued employment; update employee data in District files and in the District computer system.
• Orient new employees to the District's benefits package options, supply employees with enrollment forms and brochures; orient new employees to District policies.
• Prepare and maintain a variety of files and records pertaining to assigned area.
• Prepare a variety of personnel related reports utilizing databases and manual records.
• Receive visitors, answer phones; route calls to appropriate person or department; answer questions and provide information regarding personnel policies and procedures; schedule appointments as needed.
• Answer a variety of questions related to District personnel, policies and procedures; respond to requests for employment verification; input personnel-related data.
• Operate a variety of office equipment, including a computer, printer, scanner and copier.
• Scan and import documents into a document imaging software program.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Office environment.
• Constant interruptions.
• Ability to communicate with students, employees
and the public.
• Ability to read documents.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods.
• Ability to reach in all directions.
• Ability to lift moderately heavy objects.
• Ability to operate a computer and office equipment.
Conditions of Employment
• Salary is at Range 5 on the Confidential Employee Salary Schedule ($51,834.83 to $84,433.45). Initial salary placement dependent upon education and experience.
• 10-working month probationary period.
• PERS Retirement.
• Medical/dental/vision insurance program for employee and dependents.
• Employee life insurance ($100,000) is provided.
Only complete application packages will be evaluated by a qualified screening committee as soon as possible after the closing date. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Application materials will be screened to determine the extent to which they meet the Representative Duties. A selected group of candidates will be invited for oral interviews. After initial interviews, finalists may be asked to return for a second interview.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Employment-Opportunities.aspx
Applicants must submit the following materials which must be received by Human Resource Services on or before the application deadline,
September 1, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
• Completed COS classified application form.
• Letter of Interest which addressing your interest in
this position and the representative duties
Human Resource Services (559) 730-3867
College of the Sequoias CCD 915 S. Mooney Blvd. Sequoia Building, Room 5 Visalia, CA 93277
Notice to all candidates for employment
"College of the Sequoias Community College District is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military service, or any other basis protected by law."
The District provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the job application and hiring process, please contact a representative from Human Resources at (559) 730-3867 to request a reasonable accommodation."