Admissions and Records Technician III
invites applications for the position of:
Admissions and Records Technician III
SALARY: $3,170.00 /Month
OPENING DATE: 08/09/17
CLOSING DATE: 09/08/17 04:30 PM
DESCRIPTION OF BASIC FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform a variety of highly responsible clerical/technical duties involved in the development, maintenance, updating, and processing of permanent student records and files related to education, registration, census, and attendance; to assist in the planning, organization, and implementation of campus and outreach registration; to collect registration, enrollment, and other fees associated with admissions and records office functions; and to ensure that student information, data, and records comply with established admissions and records reporting requirements. Employees in this classification receive limited supervision within a framework of standard policies and procedures. Employees in this classification may train and review the work of student assistants and short-term registration workers. This job class exercises responsibility for the accurate and timely processing and verification of student enrollment, grades, transcripts, and related records and serves as the primary resource person in coordinating and monitoring all data processing needs/requests for student services. This job class functions at an advanced journey level of classification.
SUPERVISOR:Associate Vice President of Student Services or designee
CLASSIFICATION:Range 31 on the Classified Salary Schedule, 40 hours per week, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00p.m., Monday through Friday, 12 months per year.This position may work some evenings and/or Saturdays, which can be discussed with your supervisor upon hire.
BENEFITS:Holiday, vacation and sick time will be provided.Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance provided at a share of cost on a pretax basis and an employee assistance program (EAP).
Employees have the option to contribute to:
• Health Savings Account (HSA)
• 403(b) and 457 Retirement Plans
• Section 125 Plan including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Dependent Day Care Accounts
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
• Disability Income Insurance
• Cancer Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Accident Only Insurance
• Critical Illness Insurance
For more information regarding Employment and Benefit Policies, please view theClassifiedEmployee Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please note that while classified employees accrue vacation their first six months, they cannot take vacation until after their first six months of employment pursuant tothe California Education Code, Section 88197.
TYPICAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY:
• Assists in the planning, organization, and implementation of campus and outreach registration activities and operations.
• Monitors and coordinates all student services requests and needs for data processing services.
• Assists in planning and evaluating admissions and records computer applications.
• Establishes, maintains, updates, and processes permanent student records and files related to registration, attendance, and coursework.
• Evaluates students' permanent records including transcripts of students transferring to Shasta College from other colleges; annotates transcripts and maintains accurate cumulative totals.
• Provides verification of units completed, grade point average, and other information as requested.
• Processes transcript requests and verifies student enrollment.
• Reviews and evaluates applications and records for students seeking various certificates, grants, A.A. degrees, and transfers to four-year institutions ensuring that appropriate requirements are met.
• Maintains probation/dismissal files pursuant to Title V and college policy; processes changes to students' schedules as recommended by counselors.
• Tracks progress of students on probation, notifies students of their probationary status, and updates probationary files and records and cumulative totals as changes occur in grades.
• Assists students petitioning for reinstatement, repetition of classes, academic renewal, and appealing probation/dismissal to Scholastic Standards Committee; attends meetings and takes appropriate action based upon meeting results.
• Assists with the processing of grades; distributes and collects grading sheets and census to/from instructors and advises them of district grading policies.
• Determines athletic eligibility of Shasta College athletes; monitors their academic status and submits reports to appropriate parties.
• Processes attendance accounting including weekly and daily census; assists instructors in accurate attendance reporting and maintains/updates attendance related records/files.
• Assists with admission and registration operations to include initial registration activities, change of program, over-enrollment, late registration, and fee collection.
• Schedules counseling appointments for students and prospective students.
• Provides information and answers inquiries from students, potential students, staff, and the general public regarding admission and records policies, procedures, standards, and requirements.
• Compiles information and statistical data for various reports from records/files kept and maintained.
• Composes and types a variety of materials such as correspondence, memos, lists, reports, forms and other documents from rough draft, notes, or verbal instructions.
• Trains, monitors, and reviews the work of student assistants and others as assigned.
• Performs other related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
• Data processing applications pertaining to computerized admission and records functions.
• District, state, and federal policies and regulations related to admissions and records operations.
• Modern office methods, practices, and procedures including business correspondence and proper telephone techniques.
• Proper Business English including grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and spelling.
• Record keeping methods, procedures, and methods.
• Establish and maintain accurate and complete student records and files.
• Accurately type at a rate required for successful job performance.
• Effectively communicate in both oral and written forms.
• Work without direct supervision.
• Work within exacting time limits and deadlines.
• Effectively work under pressure.
• Independently understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Operate standard office equipment including typewriter, computer terminal, printer, calculator, and copier.
• Organize and prioritize assigned workload to meet established timelines/deadlines.
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties.
• Two years of increasingly responsible experience in records management, preferably in a position requiring the exercise of independent judgment and decision making; experience in bookkeeping or accounting preferred.
• Two years of college or equivalent, including some bookkeeping or accounting experience.
Online Application with Additional Preferred Materials to be attached to application:
• Cover letter addressing criteria listed in the position announcement
• Current resume
• College transcripts (unofficial will be accepted at the time of application)
Attention Internal Applicants:
• Internal candidates must also apply online and submit all required materials to be considered.
• Internal candidates cannot attach evaluations OR letters of recommendation fromadministrators or Board of Trustee members.
After formal application has been made, all application materials will be screened.
• Interviews will be by invitation only.
• Interviews are held on campus. No Skype or phone interviews.
• The District does not provide expense/travel reimbursement for this position.
New Classified Appointments will be placed at Step 2 on the Classified Salary Schedule and will graduate to the next step on July 1st if the hire date is before April 1, with subsequent steps annually thereafter to a maximum sixth step.
Longevity pay in accordance with Section 8.8 of the ClassifiedEmployee Collective Bargaining Agreement.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://agency.governmentjobs.com/shastacc/default.cfm?action=viewJob&jobID=1819131
The Shasta-Tehama-Trinity Joint Community College District ("Shasta College") does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religious preference, age, disability (physical and mental), pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities at any of its campuses. Shasta College also prohibits harassment on any of these bases, including sexual harassment, as well as sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking.