** gearing experience highly desired
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing, and implementing manufacturing processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs new and revises existing production fixtures.
- Supports manufacturing by introducing production processes and revising manufacturing processes for cost savings.
- Creates and maintains process instructions. Trains employees on process instructions.
- Designs and implements new test equipment.
- Improves product workflow and efficiency.
- Creates specifications for new shop floor equipment.
- Supports & Implements Lean Manufacturing Processes.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Understands and predicts physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and their applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related field (required).
- Master's degree in engineering or a related field (preferred).
- Five to ten years of related experience (required).
- Experience with the Plastic Extrusion Process (Polyethylene Multi-layer Extrusion and/or Nylon Multi-layer Extrusion).
- Experience with basic PLC programming & Trouble Shooting.
- Experience with the Capital Equipment Procurement and Commissioning (from writing specifications, negotiating options & cost, coordinating all contractors & installation, run-off and Production Release).
- Experience with JD Edwards E1 ERP system
- Intermediate: CAD software, alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet, MS Project.
- Basic: Word processing/typing.
Northern Recruiting works for select manufacturing companies throughout the country.
Wed, 2 Aug 2017 12:36:06 PDT