Production Manager (Warehouse/Event Company)
At Blueprint Studios, we believe that the key to our success is our employees. Our team is made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We seek people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details. If you are creative, adaptive, and talented, then you might have found a home with us!
Responsible for managing and directing production activities ensuring all Production department schedules and goals are met under established safety standards and company policies. The successful candidate will have a keen sense for detail, work to have a full understanding of all company inventory and constantly strive for accuracy, quality and distinction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the Production team in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Implements employee life cycle coordination & management for the Production team in accordance with Blueprint Studios' business objectives.
- Responsible for training and development of all team members.
- Conducts employee performance reviews with assistance from Human Resources.
- Responsible for shift schedules to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees and shift rotations.
- Coordinates with the Assistant Warehouse Manager for appropriate staffing levels.
- Schedules and conducts department meetings.
- Ensures department goals (Daily, Weekly, monthly) are met.
- Sets & monitors product quality standards.
- Creates and stablishes Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Effectively Communicates with other department Managers.
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- Manages the Production Team Supervisors, leads and team members in a consistent, positive & effective manner.
- Responsible for labor forecasts and the implementation of departmental budgets and cost control.
- Attends a twice-daily operations meeting, company production meetings & sales meeting as required.
- Serves as the key requisition agent for departmental purchases using the company requisition system.
- Assigns daily & weekly schedules (Production Pulling Schedule) related to event volume, safety standards, company policies, etc.
- Ensures all department processes and policies are followed and adhered to.
- Communicates daily with the Assistant Warehouse Manager on workflow & project statuses.
- Utilizes company data and analysis to ensure accuracy of information to build labor forecasts & quarterly planning.
- Available for emergency contact & management assistance when necessary including nights & weekends.
- Coordinates with the Warehouse Manager for disposal of unusable materials & trash with stablished waste management vendors.
- Provides daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually reports to the Assistant Warehouse Manager.
- Serves as liaison between the production department and the sales team.
- Determines and implements improvements to the established production process.
- Other duties assigned.
- College Degree Required
- Minimum five (5) year of warehouse experience in a supervision or management role
- Must be organized, detail oriented and team driven.
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to adapt to changes.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Work on multiple shifts.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to ensure individuals with disabilities to perform the crucial functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl.
- The employee may need to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to heavy.
- The temperature will vary from hot to cold depending on the weather.
- The employee must be able to drive 16' and 24' truck.
Blueprint Studios is a nationally renowned special event design, production and rentals firm, long known for our expertise in establishing industry trends, coupled with a keen client focus and responsiveness. We specialize in delivering products and services to a continuously growing base of clients that range from some of the most prominent corporations to a luxury social customer base.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success. Our team is made up of passionate designers, craftspeople and professionals who share our core values of vision, innovation, excellence, and integrity. We are looking for people who can think the big ideas and deliver upon the small details.
South San Francisco, CA
Tue, 18 Jul 2017 12:18:17 PDT