The MSU Alumni Association’s mission is to build lifelong enrichment for our nearly 500,000 alumni throughout the world. We work to celebrate traditions, strengthen the Spartan network, provide experiences that enrich people professionally and personally, and encourage service to MSU and the communities in which Spartans live and work.
Reporting to the MSU Alumni Association Marketing and Communications Director, the Communications Coordinator will be responsible for organizing and overseeing the creation of promotional materials and brand identity for the MSU Alumni Association programming, events and activities through the development, design, creation and production of various mediums (paper, electronic, web, etc.) The Communications Coordinator will participate as a member of the MSU Alumni Association administrative team to articulate design priorities, receive information and communicate project status.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for a book of work that may include projects such as Grandparents University, MSU Homecoming Week events and activities, MSU Travel programs, Alumni University, the President’s Graduation Receptions, Sparty Mascot Program, athletic related events such as Bowl Game Tours, Championship Tournaments, MSU Ring March and Alumni Engagement Activities.
This is an off-date position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension.
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four-year college degree program in Communications, Telecommunications, Journalism,Marketing, or Public Relations; up to six months of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in internal communications; news, broadcasting, and print media, and/or marketing, advertising, and creative services; graphic design; word processing; desktop publishing; web design; presentation; spreadsheet and/or database software; public presentation; or radio presentation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of current design techniques, technology and tools for print and digital design, including Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of typography and high-level sense of good design and layout; knowledge of quality control, costs, and best practices.
- An artistic eye for detail, strong conceptual skills and ability to present a variety of design solutions.
- A team player with a passion for good design and customer service; good interpersonal skills; active listening skills.
- Familiarity with higher education, alumni outreach and student engagement.
- May require valid vehicle operator's license where needed to perform duties of the position.
- Other skills and/or physical abilities required to perform duties of the position.
- This position requires, or will require prior to the completion of the probationary period: knowledge of basic personal computer terminology and operations, and the ability to use e-mail and the Internet.
Required Application Materials
Work hours are 8 am to 5 pm with some nights and weekends.Description of End Date
This is an off-dated position funded for one year from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Bidding eligibility ends on 8/15/2017 at 11:55 PM