Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator & Training Specialist
Job Title: Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator & Training Specialist
Job ID: 24059
Full/Part Time: Full - Time
Job Code: 3084, Range 1
Department: Office of the Registrar
About the Position
Reporting to the Associate Registrar for Undergraduate Graduation Evaluation and receiving work lead direction from the Lead Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator, the Undergraduate Graduation Evaluator and Training Specialist is responsible for processes related to the graduation candidacy verification, evaluating graduation requirements have been met, communicating results and awarding degrees. This position provides audit and analysis for students attempting to complete Title 5, CSU and University requirements relating to undergraduate baccalaureate degree requirements which require professional judgment. This position also serves as a lead liaison to the college success centers and campus departments in providing degree related information to assist the advisors with effective advising of university, major, minor, residency and honors requirements. The objective in all interactions is to provide timely and quality customer service and information regarding policies and procedures, to develop and recommend solutions which will address issues, and to establish cordial and collegial relationships with those contacting the Office of the Registrar. This position develops and leads graduation workshops and trainings to graduating students and advisors in academic departments and success centers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluates and verifies degree requirements based on established university policies and procedures. Awards degrees based upon verification of degree requirements.
- Responsible for extensive research of archived records of returning students to determine if a degree was conferred. Communicates with student with degree completion requirements. Responds to inquiries from advisors and faculty as received.
- Recommends action on Undergraduate Studies petitions after analysis of complex records involving excess units or other records related issues; however, Undergraduate Studies makes final decisions.
- Develops and leads graduation workshops for graduating students
- Develops and leads training workshops for college and major advisors on the graduation requirements for GE, understanding of transfer credit rules and university requirements
- Serves as the Registrar’s office college liaison to collaborate with colleges, departments, and other academic units to resolve issues relating to completion of General Education, major and/or minor requirements for students who have applied for graduation.
- Provides comprehensive advice relevant to graduation requirements and process.
- Leads graduation workshops for graduating seniors including development of content, presentation, and assessment.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24059.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.