Director of International Programs
Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs, the Director of International Programs coordinates both internal and external international programming, including study abroad and international faculty and student programs. In addition, the Director oversees the implementation of and in collaboration with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Planning, the assessment of GSW’s Windows to the World program. The Director also serves as GSW’s Primary Designated School Official to US Department of Homeland Security (PDSO), and is an ex-officio member of the International Programs Advisory Board. This position requires international travel. The Director’s job duties include:
• Maintaining and distributing information on international programs at GSW, including oversight of the International Programs webpage and related web pages
• Administering the Visiting Scholars Program
• Administering international degree and student exchange programs
• Organizing, scheduling, and promoting Windows to the World program
• Chairing the International Programs Advisory Board
• Coordinating and scheduling study abroad programs
• Seeking funding for support of study abroad programs
Master’s Degree, preferably discipline related to international studies or higher education administration; at least three years experience in international programming at an institution of higher education or related enterprise; record of successful workplace collaboration; excellent communication skills; familiarity with learning management and data management systems; and intercultural communication skills. Fluency in a second language preferred.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check.