Assistant Director, On-Campus Recruitment & Events
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Assistant Director, On-Campus Recruitment is responsible for the overall prospective student experience on campus. The position manages all areas of client services, including the Welcome Center and Client Services. This position is responsible for the programming of and managing of all recruitment events on campus and off campus, as well as serving in a supervisory role to those involved in the execution of those activities. In addition to managing the overall campus experience of prospective students, this position will also carry a roster of applicants. Other responsibilities are assigned according to the manager's strengths and giftedness.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2-4 years recruitment and leadership experience. Event planning experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS LEADERSHIP
- Meet regularly as a member of UALT (Undergraduate Admissions Leadership Team) to collaborate on admissions strategies and effectiveness towards meeting university revenue goals and promoting institutional values an ethos.
- Provides leadership to and manages the Undergraduate Admissions staff as a whole for 20+ on and off-campus events, including training, assignment of roles and responsibilities as well as intentional knowledge sharing.
- Hires, trains and supervises Welcome Center Coordinator.
- Gives oversight to APU Visit programs for prospective students through collaboration and management of front office and Welcome Center process.
- Maintains and improves Welcome Center processes and experience for prospective families through collaboration with the leadership team.
- Coordinates with faculty to provide and arrange class visits and individual appointments for prospective students and families.
- Supports Welcome Center Coordinator overseeing drivers for shuttling our student guests to and from local airports.
CAMPUS EVENT PLANNING
- Hires, trains and supervises Events Coordinator
- Plan and manage admissions event programming including events to increase Admission applications, deposits and enrollments.
- Supervise and manage Admissions Assistant related to event communications, materials, and other preparation
- Build partnerships across faculty and Student Life to ensure success of our collaborative events
- Train admissions counselors for roles and responsibilities of each event, including purpose and overarching goal of event
- Ensure campus facilities and food services are booked and confirmed
- Confirm proper IMT support is reserved; do walk-through meetings the week of each event
- Partner with leadership team and UR in promotional materials development
- Manage budget and evaluation reports for each event
- Communicate event-related information to campus partners and volunteers
- Update and send out post-event surveys to prospective students and families to continuously improve each event
- Oversees the hiring, training and supervision of student events interns
- Develop and implement Ambassador and Ambassador Lead programs:
- Hire, train and supervise both Ambassadors and Ambassador Leads
- Develops program to provide incentive (intrinsic or monetary) for 120+ Student Ambassadors who host guests as they visit campus both in individual settings and group events
- Author and implement a year-long training and leadership development program for both Ambassadors and Ambassador Lead programs
- Research, develop and implement a Transfer Ambassador team to help with the growing demand of transfer student goals and visit opportunities
- Test, manage and train staff on the usage of the SRM Events module as implementation requires
- Transition staff to electronic SRM processes for registration and check-in for events
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.