FMS Business Intelligence Engineer
FMS Business Intelligence Engineer
Job Number: 75921
Business Intelligence Engineer 3 Job Family: Information Technology Services Job Series: Business Intelligence Engineer Job Code: 4778 Grade: L Exemption: Exempt Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description **This is a 2-year fixed term position** The BI Engineer is a key member of the Information Delivery, Management and Architecture (IDMA) team and is responsible for driving Business Intelligence (BI) projects that support and complement the Evolve Financial Reporting (EFR) program. This position plays a critical role in analysis, solution design and implementation of the BI reporting projects with responsibility for the dashboard/reporting interface and logical data design. The BI Engineer interfaces with a broad set of stakeholders from across central and distributed business functions and IT departments. JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for performing difficult or complex analysis, design and solution implementations involving multi-project leadership and broad responsibility in support of new and existing Business Intelligence(BI) and other projects.
Duties, Responsibilities and Role:
- Lead organization-wide complex data integration and business intelligence initiatives; ensure initiatives directly support the organizational mission and are delivered on schedule.
- Collaborate closely with Project Manager/Technical Manager on overall BI architecture, roadmap and implementation.
- Supervise/Lead professional staff, as necessary, working on all phases of BI application development process.
- Overall solution architect and responsible as SME and Technical lead for projects as assigned.
- Provide leadership in performing data integrity and ETL coding utilizing structured programming techniques and tools; provide thorough internal documentation.
- Coordinate the development and enrichment of financial data assuring reporting system development builds upon the existing data foundation
- Ensure the understanding of alignment across business architecture and technical strategies and vision to project participants.
- Convey problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, and management.
- Plan, mentor, coordinate, monitor and review the work of other staff during all phases of a project.
- Monitor emerging BI technologies and provide recommendations to senior management with new and innovative ways of BI implementation that helps business community.
- Facilitate working sessions with central and distributed end users and management to identify and document current financial information flows, reporting systems, base/user populations, and current and planned initiatives impacting reporting.
- Provide analysis and recommendations regarding data management and the design of dashboard and reports.
- Identify risks to scope, schedule or budget as they arise; work to mitigate risks.
Job Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in information systems or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
- 10 years experience in working with financial data in large, complex environments or providing consultation to similar organizations
- Strong BI solution architectural, design, data modeling and implementation skills.
- Very strong at Programming skills and high experience in Business intelligence tools - both ETL and Dashboard Reporting.
- Mastery in Business Intelligence and Data warehousing concepts and methodologies.
- Expert in Data Modeling and designing data warehouse from heterogeneous OLTP sources.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and get the work done on schedule.
- Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence tools and financial systems implementation projects, including agile development, use cases, and usability testing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to resolve Project OR Production issues with right OR alternate solutions with minimum impact to the user community.
- In depth understanding on all Business Intelligence tools, be exploring next generation BI methodologies. Suggest productive next generation BI methodologies to Management for implementation.
- Ability to lead, mentor, motivate and supervise technical staff.
- Project management skills and ability to understand and apply the software development lifecycle.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proven presentation experience and comfort with senior management audiences and effective facilitation skills with diverse groups.
- Expert with the business processes and information and data used to build the Business Intelligence systems. Complete control on the technical solution and implementation.
- Skilled in Multi-technologies in Business Intelligence and should be able to contribute to all phases of project. Expert in data architecture, data modeling, design and implementation.
- Extensive Oracle Business Intelligence Analysis report development experience preferred
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk.
- Rarely writing by hand; lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
WORKING CONDITIONS: WORK STANDARDS:
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs: Financial Management Services (FMS)
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.