Entry Level Lab Technician (Night Shift)
This is a night shift position and reports to the Lab Supervisor. The Quality Control department is responsible for verifying that product meets or exceeds safe food handling and quality standards. This includes taking any necessary corrective action in the event of an issue. In the event of this person's absence, the responsibilities fall to the Lead Lab Tech.
Key Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Proper use and care of analytical instruments and equipment, including daily calibration checks.
- Analyze product chemistry in the form of sugar solids (Brix), pH and thickness (Viscosity) for each lot batched. As prescribed on Process Control Checklists.
- Ensure the UHT processor parameters are in balance, Aseptic process controls are followed as prescribed on the Process Control Checklists.
- Inspect rework before it is used and make sure documentation provides traceability.
- Verify product quality and integrity by checking the production line during the filling of each lot (looking specifically at package and case integrity, label and code date accuracy, weights, temperatures, and tray/screen inspections for signs of any foreign material.
- Analyze first and last cartons during formula changes for product chemistry and tray/screen inspections to ensure no presence of foreign materials.
- Perform HACCP monitoring activities including filter checks, metal detector monitoring, allergen verification's and hot fill monitoring as prescribed by production line requirements.
- Monitor the line and equipment for food safety related items such as good manufacturing practices and proper sanitation practices.
- Properly document all data and provide timely/effective communication to production supervisors, management, production employees and other Quality Assurance technicians and supervisors.
- Collect any necessary samples and maintain the sample library accordingly.
- Fill in as needed in other areas of the Quality department as assigned by the Lead Technician, QA manager or Process Control/QA supervisor .
- Follow all lab methods and procedures (responsibilities are completed and accurate).
- Active participation in the LME safety program.
- Complete all required food safety training per Alchemy protocol.
- Abides by all internal policies, including adherence to all GMP practices, attendance policy and completion of methodology described in the Technical Services Manual.
- High School Diploma with 1-3 years experience in a laboratory environment, preferably one in a food manufacturing facility.
- Additional course work in (Biology, Chemistry, Food Science) or related discipline a plus.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented with the ability to maintain accurate and legible documentation.
Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more.
If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with your cover letter, salary requirements, and resume.
Mon, 31 Jul 2017 12:52:02 PDT