Administrative Associate III
Administrative Associate III
Job Number: 75920
From bench-top research to international programs, the Department of Surgery provides exceptional patient care, delivers outstanding undergraduate and graduate education, and furthers the field of surgery through innovative basic science and clinical research. We are seeking an experienced Administrative Associate to provide high-level operational support to the Chair of Surgery and Director of Finance and Administration in a complex academic/clinical environment in the School of Medicine. This position requires an individual who can work independently and with minimal direction in performance of their duties.
For more information about the department visit http://surgery.stanford.edu/ Duties include:
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of financial transactions/reimbursements
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion as needed
- Prior work experience at Stanford University and/or in higher education strongly preferred
- Understanding of the organization of Stanford University Medical Center or similar academic medical center preferred
- Ability to independently compose/draft correspondence on behalf of the department leadership
- Preferred degree in English, Journalism or related field
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.