- IT Specialist Jr.
- Full Time
- Hourly Nonexempt
- Program Manager
- New Orleans, LA
- > 40 hours/week
- Considering local candidates with US Citizenship only.
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Under immediate supervision, install, configure, service, repair, and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment, including MS server, Defense Message Systems, and other authorized information technology systems
- Install, configure, service, repair, and maintain hardware and software for network services, storage networking devices, and servers
- Integrate multiple information systems in a networked environment
- Evaluate and resolve customer information system problems
- Effect required hardware upgrades and repair to maintain mission capability
- Install and configure wireless hubs, routers, switches, and various transmission media, server hardware and software, and ensure the proper installation and configuration of workstation hardware and software for efficient operation on the network
- Install, optimize, and troubleshoot Local Area and Base Area Networks
- Familiar with Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Boarder Gateway Protocol (BGP), Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN), Virtual Private Network (VPN), and Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2 or more years' experience.
- Must be a United States citizen to support this Government contract and possess and maintain a current Secret level security clearance
- In accordance with DoD 8570.01; Candidate must meet the Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level I requirements by having one of the following certifications: A+ , NET+, GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, CCNA-Sec, Cissp, Cisa, CASP, GCIH, GSEC, or GCED)
- All candidates are required to pass a drug screening, criminal history check, and credit check PRIOR TO BEGINNING WORK.
MILVETS offers an excellent benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vision, 401(k), Paid Time Off.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. MILVETS Systems Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Since its founding in 1986, MILVETS Systems Technology, Inc. (MILVETS) has been a reliable provider of quality services in the information and technology fields. As a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), certified by the Small Business Administration (SBA) as a Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), the company was founded to offer efficient, cost-effective information technology services to commercial and government clients.
New Orleans, LA
Tue, 8 Aug 2017 15:31:58 PDT