Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an energetic individual to serve as an Assistant Director Student Involvement who can work in a fast paced environment. The successful candidate will coordinate, manage, and advise the Greek system, which includes 3 fraternities and 3 sororities, in the areas of recruitment, programming, self-governance, and policy development and implementation. This is a full-time, exempt, year-long position which requires significant evening and weekend work to attend student events. The successful candidate will have an understanding of current issues and challenges students face while working to ensure optimum Greek Life operations.
* Provide advising and leadership development for Interfraternity and Panhellenic Councils, Order of Omega and the Chapter leadership.
* Advocates for and promotes the Greek Community by creating, enhancing, and maintaining positive relationships with chapter advisors and alumni.
* Explores opportunities for increasing membership in the Greek community.
* Manages the programming calendar information for students and provides assistance to the recognized student organizations on campus.
* Coordinate with appropriate University staff and outside sponsors the NWU summer camps and conferences program.
* Proposes and implements University policies which affect the operations of University recognized Greek organizations.
* Advises Greek chapters on program development and manages the program registration process for fraternity and sorority life to ensure compliance with University and Inter-fraternity and Panhellenic Council guidelines.
* Serves as the university advisor to Colleges Against Cancer. Assists in the development and management of the annual Relay for Life event.
* Coordinates administration of NWU summer camps and conferences program and the use of NWU facilities and resources.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree, however a Master’s degree will be given preference. Candidates must:
* Possess a core understanding of assessment and evaluation in higher education.
* Be able to relate effectively with college students, alumni, faculty, and administration to insure optimum Greek Life operation.
* Have and demonstrate knowledge and experience in crisis management, counseling, and intervention programs.
* Demonstrate an understanding of Greek Life philosophy on a small Liberal Arts residential campus.
* Demonstrate an understanding of student development, learning outcomes and leadership theories and their application.
* Have experience with the risk management and legal implications associated with Greek Life policies and practices.
* Be able to set and achieve goals related time lines, project management and event oversight.
* Be able to demonstrate ability to provide independent judgment and discretion in regards to advising and providing leadership for Greek Life.
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information
Commitment to Diversity:
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining members of racial/ethnic groups under-represented in higher education. Applicants with disabilities are invited to identify any necessary accommodations required in the application process. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder, Nebraska Wesleyan University, 5000 Saint Paul Avenue, Lincoln, NE 68504. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent to https://nebrwesleyan.applicantpro.com/jobs/616978-202353.html. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about this position at https://www.nebrwesleyan.edu/about-nwu/employment-opportunities.
Apply for Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly