Fiscal Assistant II - Community Health and Family Medicine
Fiscal Assistant IIJob Description:
The Department of Community Health and Family Medicine at the University of Florida is seeking a Fiscal Assistant II who will be responsible for financial processing for the department, which has over 20 separate divisions utilizing a variety of available funds and program functions. The position's responsibilities include work with account reconciliations, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Bill Contract Vendors for services rendered.
- Process Accounts Receivable received from contracts and sources. The process for receipt of payment includes the posting of payment to the check log, A/R sheet, and deposit form posting payment correct account. Also includes following up on outstanding invoices.
- Update and reconcile weekly to check log to create A/R Report for administrative meetings.
- Deposit checks upon receipt through PeopleSoft and FCPA. Must fill out paperwork correctly and follow up to verify deposit of checks.
- Process invoices for payment in PeopleSoft university accounts, adding vendors as needed.
- Process invoices for payment in FCPA accounts.
- Verify PCard charges daily with receipts from PCard holders.
- Follow up on PCard charges without original invoices and/or cardholder’s signatures.
- Process Travel Encumbrances and Travel Reimbursements.
- Using PeopleSoft. Manage budgets for faculty allotted travel.
- Perform data entry in department's accounting program, which is set up to accommodate program budgeting. Must be accurate in posting charges to the appropriate divisional account to ensure that reports reflect expenses to the appropriate budget
- Balance the department’s accounting system to the monthly ledgers (FCPA and PeopleSoft) for each division. Run monthly reports from departmental accounting system in reconciling account ledgers for the University and FCPA accounts and for preparation of monthly program budget reports.
- Balance contracts with the Dean’s Office Report for billing purposes. Balance grants to ensure proper spending and to prevent overspending of funds.
- Organize raw data monthly, income analysis, to reclassify collections, charges, write offs and refunds to the correct divisional levels. Perform quarterly reconciliation of clinical cost.
- Track cash balances for special projects and the UF Foundation accounts.
- Organize and compile data used to reconcile income analysis by faculty by month. Information is used to produce clinical report card (Work RVU’s, Charges, Collections, Visits, Transcription, and POS) for Department Chairman, Executive Committee Members, ACU Managers and Medical Directors.
- Assist Accountant position to collect and organize data from clinics monthly to compile a quarterly report, with graphs and charts, on clinical referrals for each division.
- Create and analyze return-on-investment report on the providers.
- Update Accountant weekly on ongoing project progression and outstanding fiscal items.
- Regularly develop and review desk manual for updates and instructions for fiscal projects.
- Maintain department property records. Coordinate with Property Office during the annual inventory. Maintains files on all current decaled equipment and record changes in location. Collaborates with department divisions for transfers and surveys of property.
- Maintaining and updating the professional liability, fringe benefits, annuities and other assorted excel worksheets. The expenditures are separated by faculty and are reclassified to the specific FCPA account to be charged within the Department. This process is also reviewed quarterly based on a report from our Dean’s Office
- Maintain budgets for ongoing grants as well as monitoring balances to prevent overspending. Collaborate between Office Assistant and Coordinator to ensure proper spending of funds
- Maintain files for accounts receivable, monthly variance reports, department ledgers, and other related records.
- Maintain inventory of telephone lines, services, equipment, and cards. Coordinate with staff for telephone repairs and requests to Telecommunications. Complete annual inventory.
The salary range is between $14.50. to $16.47 per hour, and is commensurate with skills and experience.Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma and three years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with PeopleSoft transactions.
- Fiscal experience a plus.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Position requires the employee to be able to sit for extended periods of time, transport himself/herself to various training activities and meetings, and attend occasional 7:00 am meetings.
This is a time-limited position. If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran's preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 with your application for consideration.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (EDT) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required: No