Assistant Director of Student Activities
The Assistant Director of Student Activities, a member of the Division of Student Affairs, is responsible for:
- Working with students and appropriate college personnel to plan and offer students a comprehensive student activities program.
- Supervising evening and weekend student events, including Family and Alumni Weekend, Siblings’ Day, Spirit of the Mount Week, Mount Olympics, Bonfire, FYE and other co-curricular programming.
- Helping to coordinate New Student Orientation and Opening Weekend.
- Serving as a resource to campus clubs, organizations, and the Student Government Association (SGA).
- Mentoring students in leadership roles.
- Working to identify ways to increase student participation in leadership roles.
- Assisting the Director of Student Activities with the oversight of SGA funds.
- Working collaboratively with the Leadership Coach and other essential campus offices to offer a comprehensive student leadership program.
- Serving as a resource for student publications.
- Helping to prepare a master calendar of student activities for campus circulation and assisting with reservation requests of rooms through the ASTRA system.
- Assisting in the supervision of the graduate assistants and work study students for student activities.
- Participating in College-wide functions, such as open houses, new student days, etc.
- Supporting the mission of Mount Saint Mary College.
- Assuming other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years’ experience in campus activities. S/he must be student-centered and have integrity and excellent communication skills. S/he will positively engage students, demonstrating patience, empathy, friendliness, enthusiasm, and kindness. This position requires a high degree of flexibility and self-motivation, as well as strong organizational abilities, the willingness to work hard and to manage projects to successful completion. The ability to collaborate with others is essential.
This position is full-time, twelve month. Evening and weekend hours will be required, with some office hours taking place at night.