Administrative Specialist II
Proposed Salary Range
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Types and proofreads various documents including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, narratives, and training materials from Dictaphone, other voice recording devices, or rough draft using a typewriter, word processor, or personal computer.
2. Acts as office receptionist by greeting and directing visitors, screening calls, and providing general information and assistance.
3. Opens, sorts, and distributes mail.
4. Maintains various computerized and paper files, records and logs, and retrieves information upon request.
5. Schedules appointments, makes travel arrangements, and maintains calendars for supervisor and staff.
6. Inventories and orders supplies.
7. Contacts repairman to service office equipment.
8. Posts entries to ledgers and journals to account for expenditures or receipts.
9. Copies and collates materials for distribution or sale.
10. Other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge of record keeping procedures.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics.
Knowledge of work-related subject area.
Knowledge of computers and software applications.
Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form.
Ability to establish and maintain filing systems.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
Occasional evenings, weekends and travel.
The formal education equivalent of a High School Diploma
Two years of experience in a specialized or related area applicable to work performed.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.