Assistant Director of Financial Aid
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Managing the financial aid awarding, verification and processing process for graduate students in the assigned caseload.
- Advising applicants and enrolled students on financial obligations and educational financing resources.
- Provide timely and courteous customer service for all students via phone, email and direct mail.
- Implementing federal, state and college financial aid regulations, policies and guidelines.
- Serve as dual control and back up for key responsibilities of the Associate Director of Graduate Financial Aid.
- Reviewing/approving refunds in accordance with established federal and college compliance rules.
- Attending events for both incoming and returning students as required to support the enrollment management team and providing quality student service. These events are often in the evenings or on weekends and holidays.
- Providing support to finance department staff for accounts receivable management.
- Managing data in a manner that facilitates accurate reporting and record-keeping.
- Assisting in audit and compliance review preparation.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelors Degree
- Required Field of Expertise: 3-5 Years of Financial Aid Experience
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish required
- Experience that demonstrates ability to exercise sound professional judgment in complex financial matters
- Commitment to collaborative working style
- Strong computer, reporting, math and analytical skills
- Competency with software applications, especially Word and Excel
- Experience with PowerFAIDS software preferred
- Experience with COD and NSLDS preferred
- Experience communicating complex information effectively in oral or written formats
- Superior customer service skills
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in both English and Spanish is required
The Assistant Director of Financial Aid is a full time, exempt position not limited to 35 hours per week. Normal Office Hours are 8:30 a.m to 4:30 p.m., with hours of work flexible to the needs of the department. Occasional night, weekend, and holiday event work is required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.