Research Coordinator - Porcine Clinical Research Center - Animal Sciences (A1700486)
University of Illinois
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
Department of Animal Sciences
Research Coordinator - Porcine Clinical Research Center
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
SHORT DESCRIPTION SUMMARIZING POSITION
Work with the Translational Research and Innovative Oncology (TRIO) team to coordinate, plan, and implement clinical research programs at the Porcine Clinical Research Center. Work with various principal investigators and research team members to align the activities, goals, and resources for both new and ongoing research projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate with research and clinical staff to plan, implement, schedule, monitor and manage activities of research trials.
2. Schedule and conduct study-specific procedures required by the research protocols including but not limited to: examinations, surgeries, treatments, and sample collection.
3. Manage research laboratory activities and conduct semi-independent research.
4. Extract and analyze data from complex records with expert accuracy.
5. Maintain long-term communication between research sites.
6. Prepare and maintain all required Illinois Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocol submissions and records.
7. Develop and maintain quality control program.
8. Obtain vital signs and collect samples from participants regularly, as specified by study protocol.
9. Facilitate purchasing, maintaining financial records.
10. Obtain, collect, and enter study data into appropriate database for analyzation.
11. Coordinate data collection and management from all study sites.
12. Serve as a resource, referral agent, and liaison to other individuals both on campus and off campus to expand program development.
13. Participate in TRIO activities both locally and nationally.
14. Assume additional related responsibilities to enhance the mission of the department.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Animal Sciences or a related field.
Required: Evidence of expert knowledge of the principles, regulations and professional ethics related to animal biomedical research. Has prior lab experience. Strong planning and project management skills. Managerial or supervisory experience. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Experience working with animals. Excellent computer skills. Exceptional attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively and persuasively with a wide range of audiences, ranging from PIs, undergraduate, graduate, postdoctoral fellows, veterinary and medical students. Ability to communicate effectively and work in collaboration with the research team, facility staff and clinical staff in order to meet research study objectives.
Preferred: Experience working with pigs. Experience writing and implementing protocols. Knowledge of Word, Excel, and Prism Graph Pad.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
APPOINTMENT STATUS: Full-time, 100% appointment.
LOCATION: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
PROPOSED STARTING DATE: As soon as possible after the closing date.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information of three references by August 22, 2017. All requested information must be submitted via the online system for your application to be considered. References will be contacted electronically within 2-3 days of application submission. For further information please contact Carolyn Thomas, Department of Animal Sciences, email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Research Coordinator - Porcine Clinical Research Center - Animal Sciences (A1700486)
Open Date: 08/08/2017
Close Date: 08/22/2017
Organization Name: Animal Sciences