Interlibrary Loan Assistant
The Daniel A. Cannon Memorial Library is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Interlibrary Loan Assistant.
The selected candidate will provide clerical and operational support for Interlibrary Loan services and document delivery services through OCLC. Also, serve as a backup supervisor for circulation desk during daytime hours.
The Interlibrary Loan Assistant will be responsible for clerical and operational support in the Daniel A. Cannon Memorial Library including the following:
- Processes and sends books and articles to Saint Leo students and faculty in appropriate manner (US mail, UPS, fax, Ariel).
- Provides support services for library needs of University campus students and faculty, as well as Continuing Education and COL/DL patrons in particular.
- Process interlibrary loan requests received for Saint Leo materials from other libraries.
- Provides eReserve services for SLU faculty.
- Produces and maintains Interlibrary Loan records and statistics.
- Supervises student assistants assigned to Interlibrary Loan services.
- Serves as backup supervisor for circulation desk during daytime hours as necessary.
- Performs circulation desk-related tasks, such as putting together the library's monthly calendar and keeping circulation statistics.
- Participate in activities and organizations outside the institution as appropriate.
- Participate in University functions as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Library Services.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Proven knowledge of a wide range of print, electronic and Internet-based reference tools and databases.
- Evidence of awareness of current trends in librarianship and information technology.
- Educational background in the liberal arts and sciences or business.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a complex, team-based environment and with a diverse user group.
- Ability to supervise student workers.
- Strong service orientation.
- Flexibility-some night and weekend hours may be occasionally required.
- 1 year of library work experience
- ILL library work preferred.
Job ID 2017-1579
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo