Bilingual Admissions (Sr.) Counselor
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 08-08-2017
This position relates directly to new student outreach with emphasis on the recruitment and matriculation of qualified prospective students. This position will represent the University at its programs and activities both on and off campus including attending college fairs and conducting visits to high schools. Evening and weekend work, including travel, is required. Daily presentations to large and small groups in English and Spanish.
1. Bachelor's degree
2. Ability to conduct large group presentations on a daily basis
3. Ability to relate to a variety of student populations
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills
5. Excellent organizational skills
6. Oral and written fluency in Spanish (including ability to effectively present an entire presentation in Spanish)
7. Ability to work with diverse student populations
8. Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others toward a common goal of serving the University and its students
9. Computer skills for Microsoft Office, recruitment management systems (CRM) and administrative tasks
10. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.