Quality Assurance Test Lead
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Test Lead position exists to establish metrics, mentor/ lead the testing team to ensure deliverables meet the client's requirements and the specified quality and timeline parameters, and to work directly with Application managers and subject matter experts (SME). This position is exempt from the classified system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and evolve formal SIT and UAT processes, ensuring consistency across projects and UIS service lines
- In coordination with UIS service owners, facilitate and oversee campus-based UAT sessions
- Develop new tools/tracking tools and processes to ensure testing goals are met
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Administer HCM 9.2 base knowledge to all testing scenarios, test cases, and provide support as scripts are executing using HCM 9.2 base knowledge
- Analyze and communicate test results
- Review requirements with developers for consistency
- Work directly with application managers and subject matter experts to develop test plans/scripts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and oral communications with direct experience managing communications with senior leadership, project sponsors, and stakeholders
- Ability to develop test cases and execute testing scenarios from business requirements
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and test environments
- Experience with all phases of software testing (Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance and Release Management)
- Ability to anticipate issues and formulate remedial actions
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiative simultaneously
- Expand professional, technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups
Who We Are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $90,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or other related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience with system and application implementation testing including the following:
- The ability to work closely and effectively with a diverse group of administrators through projects and operations; strong interpersonal and leadership skills; proven ability to effect and influence change through a collaborative and inclusive style
- Documentation of test results, process, and metrics
- Developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures, both manual and automated
- Tracking and logging project issues/defects
- Analyzing impact of issues, developing solutions and communicating recommended paths forward
- Managing/leading a team of testers
- Strong knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 system and its framework
- Prior work experience in Higher Education environments
- Ability to generate and present test reports
- Knowledge of SQL and/or Visual Basic (VB)
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Tuesday, August 22, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 22, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by August 22, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Aug 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00736775