University of Colorado - School of Medicine
This faculty full time 1.0 FTE Associate Professor position reports directly to Bryan Haugen MD, Head of the Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes.
This is a clinician-educator position in the Division of Endocrinology. The primary responsibility is outpatient care for patients all types of endocrine disorders. Inpatient call and attending duties would be 2-4 weeks a year.
Responsibilities would include clinical service, teaching of medical students, residents and fellows. There is an expectation of scholarly activity as well.
Clinical - Seven to eight half-day Endocrinology clinics a week. One to two 2-week blocks on inpatient Endocrine consult service.
Teaching - Teaching of medical students, residents and fellow in classroom and ward settings.
Scholarly activity - Attendance at conferences within the Division of Endocrinology. Scholarly activity which can include QI projects, clinical trials and writing of articles.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Prior fellowship training in Endocrinology
- Previous basic or clinical research experience in at least one of the following fields: Endocrinology, Metabolism, Diabetes, weight management, obesity and diet.
Minimum Requirements: Experience, education and licensure
- MD/DO board certified in Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes
Preferred Qualifications: Qualities desired for the position
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Applications should be enthusiastic about a career in academic medicine with a strong interest in providing excellent clinical care in the outpatient and inpatient setting. There should be a desired for teaching and writing and an interest in opportunities in clinical research.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 10590
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20184 - SOM-MED-Endocrinology
Posting Date: Aug 8, 2017
Closing Date: Aug 13, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Sabrina Ferguson
Posting Contact Email: Sabrina.firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00609311