Assistant Dean for Advancement
Who we are:
The University of Colorado Law School is one of the top public law schools in the United States, and is a nationally recognized innovator and leader in the changing legal landscape. We are seeking an experienced professional to join our Advancement team, which generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the School. Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, Colorado Law is able to attract the most promising students, support and grow talented faculty, strengthen overall academic programs and achieve national excellence.
The Assistant Dean for Advancement reports to the Assistant Vice Chancellor - Academic Affairs in the Office of Advancement. The Assistant Dean provides strategic leadership for an advancement program that incorporates resource development, alumni and constituent engagement and external relations functions for the School.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Lead institutional advancement strategy and activities for the School of Law.
- Develop and reinforce best-practice fundraising program to maximize private support over short, medium, and long-term horizons. Establish and enhance donor-centered advancement culture.
- Manage team of advancement professionals with specific responsibilities for annual, major and principal gift development, donor relations, alumni engagement, and corporate/constituent relations. Team and individual performance metrics to be determined with Dean and Assistant Vice Chancellor - Academic Affairs in the Office of Advancement.
- As a member of the School's executive team, serve on Dean's Cabinet and meaningfully contribute to institutional strategy and performance.
- Work collaboratively with School of Law leadership to increase institutional readiness for, and fulfillment of, philanthropic investments.
- Establish effective working relationships with deans, division heads, center directors, and faculty within the School in order to understand their programs and priorities. Ensure that advancement activities are aligned with the Dean's vision, mission, and goals for the School of Law.
- Responsible for resource management (human, financial, etc.) associated with School's advancement program.
- As a member of the CU Boulder Advancement Leadership Team, contribute to overall campus fundraising strategy and activity, and support campus level priorities and objectives. Represent the School of Law's participation in planning for an anticipated sesquicentennial campaign.
- Work closely and collaboratively with advancement colleagues across all campuses of the CU system. Serve as the primary liaison with university and campus administrators, including the Division of Advancement, the University of Colorado Foundation, and the CU Alumni Association.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be challenged. Be engaged. Be successful. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of the major components of advancement including development, communications and public relations, alumni relations, and special events.
- At least ten years of successful experience in advancement-with experience working on major and principal gifts-preferably in a higher education environment.
- Experience in all phases of a capital campaign.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated success leading a team.
What you will need:
- An understanding and commitment to the research, teaching, outreach and inclusion mission of the University of Colorado and the School of Law.
- Ability to work effectively with deans and directors, University academic and administrative leaders, volunteers and corporate and foundation contacts to achieve fund-raising goals.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Unquestionable integrity and a strong sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess traits of good judgement, confidentiality, positive attitude and discretion in communicating with colleagues and constituents.
What we'd like you to have:
- Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by September 11, 2017.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-10491.
Please do not upload references at this time.
Job Category: Executive
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 11007 - UCB Development Administration
Posting Date: Aug 22, 2017
Closing Date: Sep 11, 2017
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00001261