Marketing Senior Professional
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.*
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine Depression Center
Marketing Senior Professional (Communication Senior Professional)
Position #735977 - Requisition 10364
The Depression Center has an opening for a full-time, University Staff (unclassified) Marketing Senior Professional (Communication Senior Professional) position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
Jobs in this career family involve development, marketing and management of messaging to both internal and external parties. Functions include marketing; advertising; communications; publications; brand management; writing; editing; proofreading; graphic design; web information architecture, development and design; web content development; electronic communications; social media; news media/relations; public relations; photography; videography; radio/television broadcasting; FCC compliance; and communication projects management.
Senior Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed fully independently.
The Marketing Senior Professional will serve as part of the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus by developing independently, and in conjunction with Cohen Veteran Network central office staff, collateral and marketing materials including a marketing strategy for the clinic. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct interviews with veterans and their family members to better understand needs, and manage social and marketing programs.
- Create e-newsletters and emails.
- Help design and update website content.
- Work with the outreach team to promote services for potential consumers through various communication vehicles and community events.
- Assist with public relations efforts.
- Maintain branding standards for the agency.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
A bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications, business administration, business, or a directly related field from an accredited institution and two (2) years of professional level experience independently developing and implementing marketing strategies.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Condition of Employment: Occasional evening and/or weekend hours may be required to meet clinic needs.
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in marketing, communications, public relations or other related field.
- Experience working with Veteran and/or Military populations.
- Experience working in a mental health clinic.
- Experience working with social service, public health, mental health, and Veteran Service Organizations and other veteran-based organizations.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to veterans, their families, staff, supportive services personnel, funders, and the general public.
- Ability to make oral presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to use website content management systems and social media platforms.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies, adapt to change, and respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of case management recommendations.
- Ability to set work priorities and to evaluate and create solutions to work related problems.
- Ability to maintain boundaries.
- Ability to conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the ethical standards of conduct, state contract, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Brittany Pittman at Brittany.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Communication
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21384 - SOM-PSYCH-Depression GenOps
Posting Date: Aug 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Brittany Pittman
Posting Contact Email: Brittany.email@example.com
Position Number: 00735977