Quality Assurance Test Coordinator
University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Test Coordinator position exists to coordinate project level testing planning, scheduling and obtaining proper approvals for production readiness. This position is exempt from the classified system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assures that appropriate testing environments are maintained and handles environment issues
- Support creation and preparation of test scripts and plans
- Works directly with application managers and subject matter experts to develop test plans and scripts
- Administer HCM 9.2 base knowledge to all testing scenarios, test cases, and provide support as scripts are executing using HCM 9.2 base knowledge
- Document all phases of the System Integration Test and User Acceptance Test process
- Document metrics and provide metrics to Test Lead
- Adheres to all established timelines
- Performs other duties as assigned by the QA Test Lead
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Requires strong oral and written communications skills, comprehension skills and overall collaboration skills
- Expand professional, technical skills and expertise by acquiring knowledge in new technologies and system development procedures and tools by attending technical classes, seminars, and end user groups
- High level understanding of QA methodology and test environments
- Ability to manage multiple high priority initiative simultaneously
- Ability to quickly grasp new technologies and react in a fast changing environment
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $65,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Computer Sciences, Information Systems, or other related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years with Quality Assurance testing experience including the following:
- Documentation of test results, process, and metrics
- Developing or assisting in development of test case scenarios
- Tracking and logging project issues/defects and escalate as needed
- Strong knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 system and its framework
- Experience with all phases of software testing (functional, integration, regression, user acceptance and release management)
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Tuesday, August 22, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 22, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by August 22, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Aug 8, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00736778