Salary: $44,200 - $55,000
Title: Administrative Specialist
Category: Management and Professional
Department: University Writing Program
Date Posted: 08/08/2017
Position Information: Under the general supervision of the Management Services Officer, the Administrative Specialist serves the departments of the University Writing Program (UWP) and Summer Sessions, and the distinct unit within UWP, the Inland Area Writing Project (IAWP). Independently processes financial transactions including purchasing, storehouse, travel coordination/reimbursement, stipends/honoraria, invoicing, online requests for campus services, and assists on special projects as assigned. Reconcile ledgers and participate in year-end fiscal closing. Participates in post-award administration. Serve as R'SSC HR/payroll department coordinator for UWP staff and Summer Sessions, and back-up assistance in the ORG. Must be available to participate in fiscal close activities for assigned units, May 1 - July 15.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
Knowledge of principles and practices of state and federal laws governing payroll and personnel.
Working knowledge and experience preparing and processing online financial transactions, including purchase orders, check requests, travel arrangements, and work orders while adhering to established policy and procedure and maintaining accuracy of transactions.
Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of the applicable UC policies and procedures including Accounting Manual and Business and Finance Bulletins.
Demonstrated experience with UCR Financial System (UCRFS) and system applications (UCRFS Totals, Super DOPE, eBuy, ePay, iTravel).
Experience working in an institution of higher education, with faculty, students, staff, and external stakeholders.
Working knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview