Director of Student Financial Accounting
Posting Number NC834P
Quick Link for Posting http://jobs.uark.edu/postings/21938
Working Title Director of Student Financial Accounting
Position Number 13891
Department Associate Vice Chancellor/Finance
About the University
Founded in 1871 as a land grant institution, the University of Arkansas is classified by the Carnegie Foundation among the top two percent of universities in the nation with the highest level of research activity. Ten colleges and schools serve more than 27,100 students with more than 200 academic programs. University of Arkansas students earn nationally competitive awards at an impressive rate and represent 50 states and more than 120 countries.
Located in the stunning Ozark Mountains of Northwest Arkansas, Fayetteville is home to the University of Arkansas campus, known for its spectacular views and ample green spaces. Fayetteville is considered one of the country's finest college towns, and the surrounding northwest Arkansas region is regularly ranked one of the best places to live in the U.S. Some of the nation's best outdoor amenities and most spectacular hiking trails are within a short drive of campus.
As an employer, the University of Arkansas offers a vibrant work environment and a workplace culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance. The benefits package includes university contributions to health, dental, life and disability insurance, tuition waivers for employees and their families, 12 official holidays, immediate leave accrual, and a choice of retirement programs with university contributions ranging from 5 to 10% of employee salary.
About the College/Department
Department Home Page
Job Type Staff
Summary of Job Duties
The Director of Student Financial Accounting supervises the accounting and student financial processing staff of the Treasurer's Office.
This position also:
- Manages the 1098-T reporting process
- Monitors state and federal regulations for compliance and new changes
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes data from student accounts to ensure accuracy and integrity
- Plans and develops procedure changes to meet organizational objectives and goals
- Monitors progress of program objectives that affect the quality and level of services
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
Minimum Qualifications: Please ensure that all relevant application materials include details addressing the minimum qualifications. Applicants not meeting the minimum qualifications will be disqualified from consideration.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or accounting
- At least three years of experience in an academic or financial setting
- At least two years of supervisory experience
Does this job require any license(s)/certification(s)? No
If yes, please specify
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, or a business-related field
- Higher education experience with student financial information
- Experience with Oracle/Peoplesoft software
- Experience with the University of Arkansas BASIS financial system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and human resources
- Knowledge of state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, institution policies, and applicable laws
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written information
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, policies and procedures
- Ability to investigate complaints, identify problems, and design corrective measures
- Ability to plan and direct the work of others
Physical activities associated with this position
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
- Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
- Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
Physical Conditions None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Work Schedule Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Overtime Eligible No
Is this position weather/event essential? If yes, the employee in this position will report to work at the scheduled time when the University is closed due to inclement conditions. No
Work Location/Building Fayetteville Campus - Arkansas Union
Benefits Eligible Yes
Appointment Percent 100
Does this Position require a Motor Vehicle Reports Check? No
Does this position require a background check? Yes
If yes, please specify
- Criminal background check
- Sex Offender registry check
- Financial history background check
Does this position require a substance abuse test? No
Pre-employment Screening Requirements
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal background check, a sex offender registry check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
Future Open Date
Close Date 08/29/2017
Open Until Filled No
Anticipated Start Date
Anticipated End Date (for temporary appointments)
Recruitment Contact Information
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A's employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Special Instructions Summary
Hiring Location 222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race/color, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
Internal Posting No
City, St. Fayetteville, AR
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, or accounting?
- * Do you have at least three years of experience in an academic or financial setting?
- * Do you have at least two years of supervisory experience?
- * Do you have a Master's degree in accounting, finance, or a business related field?
- * Do you have experience in Higher Education with student financial information?
- * Do you have experience with Oracle/Peoplesoft software?
- * Do you have experience with the University of Arkansas BASIS system?
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of three Professional References (name, title, email address and contact number)
- Proof of Veterans Status