Resource Room Coordinator
Posting Number STA00151PO17 Classification Title Administrative Assistant Internal Title Resource Room Coordinator Campus Columbia 01 College/Division Division of Student Affairs and Academic Support Department Career Center Band 4 Advertised Minimum Salary $26,988 Advertised Salary Range $26,988 Location of Vacancy Part/Full Time Full Time Hours per week 37.5 Work Schedule
The standard hours this employee is expected to work per week are 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, M-F.Type of Staff Position Full-time Equivalent (FTE) Basis 12 months Job Search Category Administrative
The University of South Carolina is a premiere flagship research institution in South Carolina and one of the top 50 “Best Colleges” according to U.S. News and World Report. With more than 46,000 students on eight campuses, the University of South Carolina is a leader in improving the lives of individuals in South Carolina and around the world. Founded in 1801, the University of South Carolina employs almost 14,000 people. At the University of South Carolina, our employees include some of the brightest minds and most accomplished professionals in the world. The diversity of thought and active engagement of our colleagues makes for a dynamic and interesting work environment. The University has been named a best place to work, and a big part of that is the people. Our diverse faculty and staff embody a dedication to serve our students, so that a job becomes a passion with no limits.
Advertised Job Summary
The Career Center Resource Room Coordinator will manage visitor traffic and materials in the Career Center Resource Room. A significant component of this role involves supervision and direction of a team of 5+ undergraduate student office assistants in providing exceptional customer service and administrative support to the office. Maintaining accuracy and confidentiality of client records and financial information is essential. A successful candidate will have the following: a professional image, strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, initiative, and excellent customer service skills.
40% – SUPERVISION
- Recruit, interview and select student candidates for the office assistant role.
- Develop office assistant work schedule to ensure adequate coverage of the front desk.
- Provide initial and ongoing training for office assistants. Model/demonstrate professionalism and proactive engagement with customers.
- Conduct daily review of staff requests for office assistant help with projects. Appropriately assign projects to office assistants and monitor and evaluate task completion and performance.
- Provide daily supervision of the office assistants who are responsible for a) staffing the front desk, b) greeting all visitors (students/alumni, employers, faculty and administrators), c) serving as the initial telephone contact for all incoming calls to the front desk, d) assessing and determining initial client needs, e) responding to inquiries regarding Career Center staff and services, f) routing visitors and/or phone inquiries to appropriate staff, g) scheduling appointments, and h) assisting students/alumni in locating appropriate resources in the resource room.
- Conduct weekly supervision meetings with each office assistant and a performance review of each office assistant at the completion of each semester.
25% – CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Perform intake inquiry with student/alumni visitors during drop-in hours to direct them to Career Center resources and events while they are waiting to be seen by career development staff. Cross sell services visitors may not know to ask about.
- In the absence of office assistants, perform all Office Assistant duties.
- Monitor central Career Center phone line and email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) daily. Respond appropriately or forward messages to others as needed.
- Distribute instructions to clients (individuals or groups) who take SII &/or MBTI assessment instruments online.
- Manage and file requests for reciprocity.
10% – STAFF SUPPORT
- Coordinate daily drop-in coverage schedule, managing staff swaps as needed.
- Download and compile SII &/or MBTI assessment results for career development staff to use in individual interpretation appointments, as well as group workshops. Monitor assessment completion and payments.
- Monitor alumni requests for Handshake Account access, verifying alumni status via USC databases.
- Post Career Center events in the Handshake events database for staff.
- Respond to staff requests to schedule room reservations (internal and external) as needed.
- Prepare outgoing and accept/distribute incoming mail.
10% – ADMINISTRATIVE
- Maintain daily neatness and order of Career Center Resource Room, Classroom and Conference Room.
- Maintain up-to-date, accurate online database of Resource Room resources.
- Collaborate with Career Development staff in the display of featured resources/services (books, tip-sheets/handouts, electronic tools, printed marketing materials, etc.).
10% – FINANCIAL/PROCUREMENT
- Consult with career development staff in the evaluation and procurement of printed career guidance resources.
- Monitor and track handout/tip sheet supply, placing printing orders as needed.
- Process financial transactions related to student/alumni fee-based services using prescribed security procedures and receipt transactions accurately and appropriately. Balance receipts for Office Manager daily.
- Assist with Job fairs and other Career Center-wide events as needed.
- Participate in staff meetings, team/department meetings and work team meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree, or high school diploma and 4 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency.Preferred Qualifications Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
Must be able to communicate professionally with Career Center clients in person, on the telephone and through email. Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in assessing client needs and determine appropriate referrals. Must be able to use word processing equipment, evaluate information in student information database systems, perform accurate receipting, and keep accurate records. Must demonstrate attention to detail and the ability to supervise student staff.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies Desired Start Date If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date Job Open Date 08/08/2017 Job Close Date 08/21/2017 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicant Quicklink for Posting http://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/17616 EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Hazardous weather category Non-Essential Safety Sensitive or Security Sensitive No
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree, or high school diploma and 4 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency?
- Cover Letter
- List of References and Contact Information
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3