Summary: Under direct supervision, responsible for the service of food, beverages and passed hors d’oeuvres during conference dining and special events.
- Serves food and beverages in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Relays any customer complaints, regardless of magnitude to the Supervisor.
- Inspects food and products from kitchen for quality.
- Sets up dining tables. Checks to see that all items are appropriately placed. Ensures that the silver and glassware are spotless, the salt and pepper shakers are filled and the sugar packet holders are cleaned and neatly arranged. Arranges flowers. Folds napkins.
- Becomes familiar with prices of drinks and items in certain menus.
- Writes all checks clearly and legibly in ink, fully understands the pre check system procedures, neatly marks at the top of each check all information pertaining to the guests at the table, and properly presents the check.
- Displays a professional and courteous image on a formal basis with guests.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma and one year related experience in the hospitality industry or restaurant environment, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including customer service skills.
- Ability to “up-sell” items such as alcohol, cigars, coffee products, etc.
- Ability to present, open and pour wine.
- Knowledge of fine dining etiquette.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Medium work. Balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, grasping, talking, and hearing. Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach. Subject to both environmental conditions: activities occur both inside and outside.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States