Marketing and Communications Director, Verger
*Cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: The Marketing and Communications Director, as a key member of the Investor Relations team, will be the cross-functional architect of an integrated marketing and communications to support the growth objectives of Verger Capital Management. This position requires a solid background in both strategic and tactical aspects of these complimentary disciplines coupled with an engaging and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Guides development, organization, and execution of a marketing plan with the leadership team. Takes initiative to understand projects, client types, and market dynamics.
- Manages all proposals for the firm (process, templates, due dates, and execution), and maintains and enhances a database of compliant responses to RFPs, DDQs, and FAQs.
- Manages the firm’s website and social media presence. Generates and coordinates industry related content for distribution to blog, social media, clients, and/or prospects. Coordinates external conference strategy across functional areas of the firm to maximize visibility.
- Creates and implements brand standards of the firm across all external material while ensuring strict adherence to the firm’s compliance policies, (i.e. investor presentations). Gains a strong understanding of strategic messaging and investment strategies.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a competitive intelligence function that provides value-added insight for Investor Relations team and the CEO about the firm’s competitors (current and aspirational) as well as competitive business practices within the industry.
- Stays up-to-date on internal and external factors to be used for marketing (i.e. enhancement and evolution of fund, market data, and fund performance).
- Develops collateral for existing and new investment strategies including presentations and sales materials, product positioning, and client communications. Supports marketing and sales efforts of the firm by working cross functionally with all areas of the firm.
- Generates ideas, compiles resources, and executes special initiatives, projects, and events for Verger in the area of Investor Relations.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business, or other related concentration.
- Possess a high level of ethics and integrity and a strong orientation to deadlines and details.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate internally and externally and across various levels.
- Must possess exceptional listening, probing, time-management, and organization skills.
- Must possess outstanding and accurate verbal and written communication skills.
- Must prefer and enjoy working in a team environment and within a diverse community.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Products.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as a contributing member of a team.
- Ability to exercise good judgment under pressure and manage a diverse and demanding workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to travel and meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced degree.
- Five to seven years of experience in related role.
- Responsible for own work.
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States