PLC Software Engineers/Technician research, design, test, implement and maintain PLC software systems to meet customer or employer needs. They use a variety of computer programming languages and applications, working in teams with other IT professionals, or alone. Working hours are typically eight to five, but much longer hours are necessary as deadlines approach. Software Engineers/Technicians are often required to be on call on a rotation basis to deal with problems, which can involve evening and weekend work.
- Assist electrical design engineers in developing electrical drawings and specifying controls architectures.
- Select and test new controls technologies.
- Evaluate, test, and document software developed for projects and standard products.
- Assist in the brainstorming and development of software used to control products.
- Train customers how to maintain and use installed hardware, products, and software.
- Respond to customer trouble calls and provide detail information on problems and results.
-Develop conveyor, and graphic software for projects, would prefer understanding of IEC 61131-3 programming languages: Function Block, Ladder Logic, Sequential Flow Charts, and Structured Text.
- Use various types of PLC's Allen Bradley, Modicon, Mitsubishi, Automation Direct, Yaskawa.
- Capable of performing IT tasks i.e.: Computer setup, Network Configuration, and Software Installation.
- Create training materials used to maintain and install hardware, products, and software.
CCS is a leading provider of automated material handling and industrial automation solutions to customers around the country. Headquartered in Frederick, MD, we provide a full range of equipment, controls and software that helps customers address all aspects of their material handling and industrial automation needs.
We serve a wide variety of customers in the distribution, e-commerce, fulfillment, mail/parcel and government sectors. Our focus is always on the customer, and we take great pride in helping our customers realize their material handling goals.
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 07:04:01 PDT