Director of Nursing
Licensed Practical Nurse/Wellness Nurse/Director of Nursing
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary: Monitors care and assesses medical needs of the residents, to include administration of medications, maintaining medication supplies, assisting with treatments. Collaborates with supervisor and physicians as necessary.
Qualifications: Previous experience in the area of geriatrics preferred. Current LPN licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia required. Must be able to work independently, including making independent decisions. Effective interpersonal skills and a nurturing and caring attitude are a must. First aid and CPR certification required, as are a minimum of 12 hours of continuing education and training pertinent to the population served.
Physical Requirements: Requires the ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or occasionally lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Walking and standing are required constantly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Monitors residents' health status, assesses needs of residents, initiates interventions and reports changes in health to residents' physicians and to Executive Director.
2. Oversees preparation and administration of all medications and injections, following established procedures and physician orders.
3. Accepts verbal/telephone orders from physicians. Assures that written orders are signed by the physician within 10 days.
4. Monitors medication administration of residents who self-administer.
5. Maintains medication inventory, reordering from pharmacy or notifying families of need to reorder. Monitors/verifies new supply for accuracy and completeness. Reports any discrepancies to Executive Director. Responsible for obtaining annual signed medication reviews from pharmacy.
6. Maintains resident medical file.
LPN Job Description (2)
7. Documents physical and psychosocial status of all residents.
8. Reviews and directs implementation of all physician orders and changes.
9. Administers and/or monitors administration of treatments as ordered by physicians.
10. Performs and/or oversees monthly resident wellness assessments.
11. Maintains 12 hours annual continuing education.
12. In the absence of Executive Director, serves as contact person for resident families, involving families in all aspects of resident status and care.
13. Provides direct clinical and administrative supervision and training of RA staff in coordination with facility training officer.
14. Functions as shift supervisor when assigned.
15. Performs as Executive Director in the absence of the ED.
16. Communicates with and seeks input from physicians as needed.
17. Demonstrates compliance with OSHA regulations and adheres to infection control protocol and procedures.
18. Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of state licensure regulations.
19. Directs, coordinates and/or leads staff training.
20. Assists resident aides and medication staff on floor as needed.
21. Maintains nursing staff schedules.
Our staff is the heart and lifeblood of the community. We take pride in the quality of care our staff provides. We have a passion for serving the elderly and it shows in the care we give to our residents. Our corporate mission is to provide excellent and secure, 24-hour Assisted Living and Memory Support. Chestnut Grove has a solid reputation for excellence in the Assisted Living industry. Personalized and caring service for all residents is our top priority.
Wed, 2 Aug 2017 10:30:03 PDT