Human Resources Generalist
Butler University is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources Department. This individual will assist with a wide variety of HR functions including compensation analysis, classification, recruitment, talent acquisition and total rewards. As a representative of the HR department, this individual will be involved in the significant transformation efforts that are currently underway to provide outstanding service to the University.
- Provide guidance on day-to-day compensation and total rewards activities, policy interpretation, problem resolution and compliance with institutional standards and state and federal law
- Provide support for the design, modification, implementation and administration of classification and compensation programs
- Consult with management regarding request for new or revised job classifications; evaluates need based on organizational or market factors, and creates and assign classification structure as appropriate, assessing appropriate pay grades through the use of a well-defined job evaluation methodology and market indicators in compliance with all applicable FLSA rules and regulations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of compensation practices through internal and external research of performance benchmarks and critical indicators such as turnover statistics, equity studies, and salary range variance analyses
- Perform initial review, comparison and evaluation of position descriptions to determine appropriate classification, skill level, and salary grade assignment
- Audit the accuracy of position data in the HRIS and correct any errors
- Use classification standards to create and update position descriptions
- Develop and maintain a classification specification directory
- Serve as the primary contact for salary survey participation
- Provide full support to the talent acquisition process including posting positions, reviewing resumes, and creating job offers
- Work with hiring managers to determine recruitment strategies for their open positions
- Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ experience of progressively responsible work experience in two of the following areas of HR: classification, compensation, employment, talent acquisition, or HRIS
- Familiarity with salary surveys and market pricing
- Advanced knowledge of HRIS and ATS software applications
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
- Excellent customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing multiple tasks and complex projects simultaneously is required
- Must maintain confidentiality and possess business acumen
- Master’s degree and/or professional HR certification is preferred
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft (SIS)
- Previous experience working in a secondary or higher education institution
- Previous project management experience
- Knowledge of federal/state employment laws, including EEO, ADA and FMLA
Applicants must submit:
- Completed Butler University Employment Application form available at https://www.butler.edu/sites/default/files/employee_application_form.docx
- Cover Letter
Application and completed support materials should be submitted via email to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.