Community Association Manager
Summit Management Services, Inc., AAMC is a full service property management company providing administrative and financial support to condominium and homeowner associations in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, with offices in Kensington, MD, and Alexandria, VA. We are seeking a professional and self-motivated candidate to join our growing team as a Community Association Manager.
The primary function of this position is assist the Board by providing guidance and resources needed to govern their community. The duties and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
Administrative Management Responsibilities:
• Has primary responsibility for the administrative management portion of the Management Agreement.
• Organizes, attends and participates in regular and special meetings of the Board, annual meetings, and committee meetings (as requested) of the Association and as required under the Management Agreement.
• Develops an annual administrative calendar for the property.
• Maintains the community association's records for individual homeowners and general files, including updating records as necessary.
• Supervises/manages the community association's contractors/employees.
• Provides guidance and recommendations to the Board members and to the Community Association on policy issues.
• Prepares, and delivers management reports, agendas, and other correspondence to the Board as required by the Management Agreement.
• Prepares Association correspondence.
• Works with and obtains opinions from the community attorney on issues on behalf of the Board.
• Serves as the point of contact for insurance issues and assists in placing appropriate levels of insurance consistent with the requirements of the governing documents.
Operational Management Responsibilities:
• Has primary responsibility for the operational portion of the Management Agreement.
• Develops an annual operational calendar for property.
• Maintains a follow-up system for maintenance/repair work order completion.
• Inspects the property on a regularly established schedule and reports back to the board as required in the Management Agreement.
• Arranges for maintenance, repair and replacement of the common elements.
• Responds to emergency needs; coordinates services necessary to stabilize, repair, replace, etc. any damaged property.
• Oversee insurance claims.
• Solicits bids and contracts for services.
• Assists with Reserve Analysis inspections.
Financial Management Responsibilities:
• In conjunction with the assigned property accountant, ensures that contractual responsibilities under the financial management portion of Management Agreement are met.
• In conjunction with the property accountant, prepares proposed annual budget in a timely manner.
• Codes and authorizes payment of invoices received for services in a timely manner consistent with stated procedures.
• Monitors Accounts Receivable.
• Providing documentation for realty groups, lenders, and prospective buyers.
• Preparation and posting of notices for meetings and other issues as needed.
Skills, Education & Experience Requirements:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Experience using property management system, such as Yardi, Jenark, or TOPS.
• At least 3 years of experience in community management or a combination of property management experience and community management certifications.
• Strong communication skills, oral and written.
• Car or other reliable source of transportation.
• Familiarity accrual basis financial reporting.
• CMCA, AMS, and/or PCAM certifications. (Preferred, but not required)
• Bachelor's Degree (Preferred, but not required)
Salary & Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with experience
• "Flex" Time*
• 12 days of paid leave
• Paid holidays
• Corporate 401(k) program
• Group health insurance (including dental & vision)
• Professional Education Reimbursement Program
Founded in 2001, Summit Management Services, Inc. has been delivering excellence in community association management for over 15 years. We provide multiple levels of service to 100+ clients ranging from Financials-only to Full Service management. We consider our staff to be our greatest asset and are constantly seeking to improve our skills in order to provide industry-leading service to our clients.
Mon, 7 Aug 2017 09:06:06 PDT