Coordinator - Student Receivables
Coordinator - Student Receivables
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Finance and Business Office is seeking a knowledgeable, detail-oriented, problem-solving Coordinator of Student Receivables to join our dynamic team. This position will coordinate current semester collection efforts for student receivables and organizes associated tasks.
- Collaborates with the team who works closely with students, acting as a resource to provide financial, clerical, and administrative services to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate A/R collections.
- Organizes the collection activities of department employees, to include the assignment of accounts.
- Monitors department activities, including high-volume customer calls, account adjustments, small balance write offs, and customer reconciliations for current term balances.
- Creates and manages the reporting function; tracks collector activities and results.
- Organizes the call schedules and drafts the verbiage for high volume phone calls to assigned customers.
- Performs pre-collection functions to include high volume phone calls and email blasts.
- Enlists the efforts of the UVU Collections Office or senior management when necessary to accelerate the collection process.
- Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts. Reports weekly/monthly on collection activities to direct supervisor.
- Analyzes progress and evaluates the impact of collection activities in reducing receivables.
- Meets defined department goals.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree in a directly related field of study or a combination of education and experience totaling four years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of accounting practices and procedures/cash control and security.
- Basic knowledge of bankruptcy law.
- Knowledge of Federal Financial Aid Regulations.
- Knowledge of billing and light collecting procedures.
- Skills in the use of computers and computer applications including proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with organization, planning, decision-making, time management, and listening skills.
- Skills in employee development and performance management.
- Skills in advising and problem-solving.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and right to privacy.
- Ability to coordinate a group of employees, distributing and balancing workload, and assuring the completion of project/task.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $30,052 - $37,565
Advertisement Number: ST19917
Open Date: 08/07/2017
Review Start Date: 08/14/2017
Close Date: 8/21/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the screening date. The position is subject to close at any time.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/2301
Utah Valley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer and committed to fostering a diverse workforce. As an inclusive community, we actively seek diversity among our applicants for this position. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are particularly encouraged to apply.