GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide Instruction in Chemistry for the Health Sciences I – (CHM109) and Lab (CHM109L). This course is for non-science majors and addresses the fundamentals of chemistry that are integral to an understanding of physical and biological processes. Emphasis is placed on the relationships between these processes and contemporary environmental topics. The class is held on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and the lab follows from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Provide instruction in both traditional and non-traditional learn modes.
2. Select and develop appropriate materials for class use.
3. Track and assess student progress.
4. Maintain appropriate attendance and learner records.
1. Master’s degree in chemistry.
2. Experience teaching freshman and sophomore level chemistry courses, preferably in a community college setting.
3. Commitment to the community college philosophy.
4. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to working with students and colleagues.
COMPENSATION: Anticipated starting salary – Step I DCE pay scale. Part-time, non-benefited, MCCC Unit Position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications reviewed upon receipt.