Medical Coding and Billing Instructor
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provide instruction to students in (BIT207) Medical Coding and Billing and (BUS208) Advanced Coding and Billing during the Fall, 2017 semester Q2 (October 30, 2017 – December 19, 2017).
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Provide instruction in both traditional and non-traditional learning modes.
2. Select and develop appropriate materials and technology for class use.
3. Assess student progress related to defined student outcomes.
4. Maintain appropriate attendance and learner records.
1. Master’s degree in business or health related field, certification as a medical coder from APCC or AHIMA, and work experience using ICD-10 in the medical billing process, or any combination of appropriate education, certification, and work experience.
2. Knowledge of ICD-10 and medical billing applications and practices.
3. Strong oral and written communication skills.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Experience and commitment to working in a global multicultural academic setting.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Teaching experience in industry or higher education settings.
COMPENSATION: Anticipated starting salary – Step I DCE Pay Scale. Part-time, non-benefited, MCCC Unit position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Immediate need; applications to be reviewed upon receipt.