Opened in 2002, The Robert and Judi Newman Center for the Performing Arts at the University of Denver is acclaimed as one of the nation's finest performing arts centers. Unique in the region for its size, acoustic quality, and caliber of artists, the Newman Center is dedicated to showcasing cultural diversity, stretching the imagination, and stimulating dialogue. The Newman Center hosts nearly 500 performances each season with up to 120,000 people in attendance. As a creative and effective leader in arts education, the NCPA has served as an artistic gathering place and an economic engine elevating Denver's reputation as the Cultural Capital of the West.
The Marketing and Design Assistant provides general support to the Newman Center's marketing efforts in the areas of digital advertising, email marketing, design projects, marketing expenses, and social media responsiveness, specific to the promotion of ticket sales and concert attendance. This position works approximately 20 hours per week.
This position is non-benefited, part-time and not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Social media account(s) maintenance, posting, and general response.
- Assist with digital advertising design and traffic.
- Write, edit, design, schedule, and maintain lists for periodic email blasts.
- Gather and design content for show programs.
- Submit marketing expense paperwork.
- Work Newman Center events as necessary.
- Coordinate with student employees to maintain Newman Center collateral and press coverage archive.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of publishing and design software, including InDesign and Photoshop.
- Ability to learn administrative software quickly and efficiently.
- Exceptional proofreading, editing, and copy writing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to work well with a team as well as work independently.
- Ability to manage sensitive, confidential material in a professional manner.
- High School diploma.
- 2 years of professional work experience.
- Coursework in marketing.
- Marketing and/or social media experience.
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization.
- Working, professional interest in the performing arts.
- Experience with email blast software and Facebook Page maintenance.
Part-time, 20 hours per week. Flexible within normal office hours of 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position please contact Nathan Willers at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Letter of Interest
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.